COMMUNICATION RESOURCE CLERK, WHITTIER, FULL-TIME, 10PM-6AMApply Now Job ID 9529-977 Date posted 06/29/2020
We’re a nonprofit, regional healthcare network with two hospitals, numerous outpatient medical offices, a multispecialty medical (physician) group, home healthcare services and hospice care, as well as heart, cancer and emergency services. Our leadership is dedicated to putting patients first—a cornerstone of our mission, vision and values—as we deliver top-quality healthcare.
From our extensive facilities in Whittier, California and Downey, California, PIH Health serves more than two million residents in Los Angeles and Orange Counties and throughout the San Gabriel Valley.
The Communication Resources Clerk reports directly to the Communication Resources management. He/she performs all duties and responsibilities associated with answering and extending calls to the various departments of the IDS as well as to patients and physicians; initiates responses to various codes and alarms; performs overhead pages; participates in the On-Call Scheduling program; and provides some limited Audiovisual/Conference Center and Vocera support.
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner.
- Considerable knowledge about the hospital, the medical staff, the integrated delivery system, the community and the sources of information relevant to this data.
- Ability to communicate effectively, actively listens and always follows appropriate channels of communication.
- Excellent customer service and organizational skills, strong interpersonal skills; uses time efficiently, able to deal with frequent change or unexpected events.
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks with interruption; good memory, pleasant voice; knowledge and ability to perform tasks with Microsoft office software (Work, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Access, etc.).
- Pprovide flexibility with work schedule; discrete, courteous and professional about confidential matters; ability to diffuse hostile callers.
- Spanish/Chinese bilingual preferred.
- Successful completion of high school education or GED preferred.
- Experience on a Switchboard or in a Customer Service or Administrative environment preferred
- Six months to one year computerized console experience and general office skills.
- Previous hospital/healthcare experience preferred.
Beyond the benefits that come with working for the area's leading community healthcare provider – one that also recognizes the need to ensure patient safety and comfort – you'll enjoy an extremely competitive compensation and benefits package. We are an equal opportunity employer and seek diversity in our workforce. EOE M/F/D/V