Construction Manager, Plant Operations, Full time, DaysApply Now Hospital Name PIH Health Whittier Hospital Location Whittier, California Job Type Full-Time/Regular Job ID 20367-977 Date posted 09/21/2023
The Construction Manager is responsible for planning, managing, and supervising a wide range of construction projects from start to finish. This position will develop, bid, organize, and manage construction projects and procedures and ensure they are completed in a timely and efficient manner. The Construction Manager primarily will supervise employees and contractors including being responsible for hiring, firing, reviews, and day-to-day supervision. This position must be well-versed in all construction methodologies and procedures and able to coordinate a team of professionals of different disciplines to achieve the best results. Using an analytical and organized approach to ensure all projects are delivered on time according to requirements and without exceeding budget.
PIH Health is a nonprofit, regional healthcare network that serves approximately 3 million residents in the Los Angeles County, Orange County and San Gabriel Valley region. The fully integrated network is comprised of PIH Health Downey Hospital, PIH Health Good Samaritan Hospital, PIH Health Whittier Hospital, 37 outpatient medical office buildings, a multispecialty medical (physician) group, home healthcare services and hospice care, as well as heart, cancer, digestive health, orthopedics, women’s health, urgent care and emergency services. The organization is nationally recognized for excellence in patient care and patient experience, and the College of Healthcare Information Management Executives (CHIME) has identified PIH Health as one of the nation’s top hospital systems for best practices, cutting-edge advancements, quality of care and healthcare technology. For more information, visit PIHHealth.org or follow us on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram.
- Experience managing construction projects including developing, bidding, coordinating, and managing all aspects of the projects.
- Proven experience as construction project manager
- In-depth understanding of construction procedures and material and project management principles
- Familiarity with quality and health and safety standards
- Experience managing employees and all aspects of supervision including hiring, firing, supervising, conducting reviews and day-to-day management.
- Good knowledge of MS Office products including excel, word, power point, etc.
- Familiarity with construction / project management software
- Outstanding communication and negotiation skills
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills
- Team player with leadership abilities
- Advanced knowledge of construction, construction management, and design-build construction obtained through a combination of experience and education.
- High school diploma
- 3-5 years of experience
- Must obtain LA City Fire Card within 6 months of employment
- Specialized courses in construction management and/or managerial concepts
- Pre-employment background screening including previous employment, education, criminal history, and driving record.
- Bachelor of Science degree in an engineering, construction or scientific discipline preferred.
- Some AutoCAD knowledge preferred.
- PE license, PMP certification preferred.
12401 Washington Blvd.