Core Faculty - Family Medicine ResidencyApply Now Hospital Name PIH Health Physicians Medical Group Location Whittier, California Job Type Full-Time/Regular Job ID 16750-977 Date posted 04/13/2023
At PIH Health, we provide cutting edge compassionate care. We have a talented team who is proud to be responsible for guiding resident physicians to be excellent Family Medicine physicians who serve their community. As we develop our program further, we’re looking to have a motivated Core Faculty - Family Medicine Residency to join our team.
We have one (1) immediate opening for Core Faculty in our Family Medicine Residency program. Successful candidates will be part of a dynamic and progressive team of faculty and educators in training and developing family practitioners.
- Actively teach residents and medical students in inpatient and outpatient clinical practice
- Oversee the education and performance of residents and medical students in an inpatient and outpatient setting
- Supervision of outpatient prenatal care of residents is required
- Inpatient rounding with residents on average every 4-6 weeks*
*exact frequency is dependent on the number of faculty, vacation schedules, etc.
- Oversee program wide quality improvement projects
- Help lead residency committees
- Perform advisory role for residents
- Provide about 8-12 lectures on various topics throughout the year
- Conduct regular reviews and development of curriculum
- Be able to perform and supervise common outpatient musculoskeletal, skin and gynecologic procedures (pap smears, contraception procedures, colposcopy)
- Assist the Program Director in management of the program
- Assist the Program Director in ensuring compliance with ACGME regulations and requirements
- BC / BE (must be board certified within 3 years of eligibility)
- EOE/drug screen required
- Recent Inpatient experience
- 2+ years Core faculty experience in an ACGME accredited Family Medicine residency
- Organizational and administrative skills for program management
- Experience in APD role a plus
- Experience with conference presentations
- Experience with program recruitment
- Experience with community engagement/pipeline programs
- Geriatrics or Palliative Care trained Family Medicine physician: The Geriatrics or Palliative Care faculty will help lead our Geriatrics-Palliative Care track
- Obstetric practice experience is highly desirable
- MAT experience is desirable
WHY PIH HEALTH?
We’re a nonprofit, regional healthcare network with three hospitals, 93 outpatient medical offices, six Urgent Care Centers, with over 400 employed physician and mid-level providers in our medical foundation and more than 7,500 compassionate & valued employees. Ranked one of America’s 100 Best Hospitals.
12401 Washington Blvd.