Director Cancer ProgramApply Now Job ID 9799-977 Date posted 07/29/2020
This is a management position that is responsible and accountable for coordination of the services of the cancer program and for providing leadership and expertise to manage all cancer program related activities. The Cancer Program Director maintains the American College of Surgeons Commission on Cancer accreditation. Oversight includes Nurse Navigators, Clinical Trials, and Cancer Registry.
- Demonstrated leadership ability.
- Demonstrates complete clinical knowledge of all areas of the Cancer Program, i.e., SEER staging, TNM staging, Clinical Trials implementation, data management and patient follow-up.
- Must have a thorough knowledge of anatomy, physiology, and the cancer disease process.
- Must have a high level of professionalism and be able to interact with physicians, staff, etc.
- Must be detail oriented.
- Familiarity with word processing and spreadsheet computer programs.
- Written and verbal communication skills.
- Team-building skills.
- Negotiation and confrontation skills.
- Initiative, resourcefulness, and judgment in coordinating services and developing programs.
- Bachelor degree required.
- Three years of experience in acute care hospital setting required.
- Strong clinical background or experience in cancer treatment required.
- Master’s degree in Nursing or Business Administration preferred.
- Cancer program management experience preferred.
- Five years of experience in the health care field with at least two years in a leadership position preferred.
- Board certification in oncology preferred.