Director, Laboratory and Pathology ServicesApply Now Job ID 9322-977 Date posted 03/30/2020
The Director of Laboratory and Pathology Services is responsible for the daily operations and strategic direction of laboratory services at PIH Health Whittier Hospital and associated outpatient service centers for effective operation, accreditation, continuous improvement and meeting organizational objectives. Candidates must have demonstrated understanding of laboratory services with in a complex integrated delivery system. An unwavering focus on the customer/patient, a constant emphasis on superior performance and value added strategies, and a steadfast philosophy for the self-directed actions and staff ownership all characterize the qualities needed for this position.
- Competent to manage a clinical laboratory in an acute care setting, working knowledge of accreditation standards (CAP, CLIA, CIHQ, CDHP) and quality control rules.
- Written and verbal communication skills, interpersonal competence, negotiation and confrontation skills.
- Bachelors in a clinical science
- California Clinical Laboratory Scientist license
- Six (6) years in a clinical science within a laboratory setting.
- Two (2) years in a management role
- Masters degree