DIRECTOR OF EDUCATION - HOME HEALTH, PIH Health, La Mirada, Full time, daysApply Now Job ID 12837-977 Date posted 08/18/2021
We’re a nonprofit, regional healthcare network with two hospitals, numerous outpatient medical offices, a multispecialty medical (physician) group, home healthcare services and hospice care, as well as heart, cancer and emergency services. Our leadership is dedicated to putting patients first—a cornerstone of our mission, vision and values—as we deliver top-quality healthcare.
From our extensive facilities in Whittier, California and Downey, California, PIH Health serves more than two million residents in Los Angeles and Orange Counties and throughout the San Gabriel Valley.
This position orients and educates home health staff to competence according to standards, regulations, and best practice using a variety of teaching methods. Facilitates achievement of staff role clarity, professional role confidence, and proficiency. Operates as a change agent in the practice and learning environment. Compiles and coordinates material to promote effective patient teaching for patients at home. Coordinates monthly in-services for staff to ensure adherence to regulatory bodies concerning staff education.
- Exceptional communication skills, both oral and written
- Strong computer skills and knowledge required to understand, guide and support educational system processes
- Current knowledge of trends in nursing practice
- Demonstrates ability to plan, organize, implement and evaluate educational programs in a home health care setting
- Demonstrates ability to deliver effective and dynamic education presentations to any size audience
- Detail oriented, self-directed and able to work well; proactively prepare and deliver results with minimal supervision
- Good organizational skills and ability to prioritize multiple projects and objectives in a rapidly changing environment
- Familiar with teaching methods and audiovisual equipment
- Able to identify teaching materials necessary for patient care at home
- Ability to operate independently
- Works independently and as part of a team
- Possesses creativity and presents a positive proactive approach to all assigned activities
- Knowledge of patient education /training practices and theories
- Ability to analyze patient education needs and recommend programs to meet those needs.
- Ability to formulate education/training goals and objectives consistent with the group
- Knowledge of instructional skills and learning theory, educational techniques and methodology
- B.S.N. Degree
- Current California RN License
- Evidence of self-development
- Minimum three years clinical experience in a home health setting
- Well versed in adult teaching/learning theories
- Strong clinical background in home health with recent patient care
- Good working knowledge and understanding of current regulatory and accreditation requirements
- Current CA Driver’s License and valid auto insurance
- Certificate OASIS Specialist - Clinical (COS-C) designation
- MSN degree