Optimize your job search based on your profileStart Matching
Education GeneralistApply Now Hospital Name PIH Health Physicians (PHP) Location Whittier, California Job Type Part-Time Job ID 19173-977 Date posted 04/14/2023
PIH Health is a nonprofit, regional healthcare network that serves approximately 3 million residents in the Los Angeles County, Orange County and San Gabriel Valley region. The fully integrated network is comprised of PIH Health Whittier Hospital, PIH Health Downey Hospital and PIH Health Good Samaritan Hospital, 27 outpatient medical locations, a multispecialty medical (physician) group, home healthcare services and hospice care, as well as heart, cancer, women’s health, urgent care and emergency services. The organization is recognized by Watson Health as one of the nation’s Top Hospitals, and College of Healthcare Information Management Executives (CHIME) as one of the nation’s top hospital systems for best practices, cutting-edge advancements, quality of care and healthcare technology. PIH Health is certified as a Great Place to Work TM. For more information, visit PIHHealth.org or follow us on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram.
The Education Generalist for PIH Health Physicians (PHP) is responsible for providing support to the RN Clinical Director of Education and the Clinical Educators. Participate in the planning, organization and implementation of education and career development of staff in an ambulatory care setting under the supervision of the clinical educators. Collaborates with the clinical educators to prepare relevant presentation materials, organizes and delivers and/or facilitates classes, workshops, seminars, and other training services. Coordinate and maintain our medical assistant students, nursing students, job shadowing and precepting program. Additionally, the Education Generalist is responsible for managing and tracking of PHP policies.
- Principles and methods of adult education.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Excellent organizational/customer service skills and the ability to handle multiple tasks with constant changing priorities.
- Unquestionable personal code of ethics, integrity, diversity and trust.
- Able to interface with all levels of staff and management.
- Ability to plan, organize, control and evaluate.
- Demonstrated teaching ability on a variety of topics, in formal and informal settings.
- Works as a BLS instructor.
- Knowledge and ability to perform tasks with other office software (Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, etc.) preferred).
- High school diploma
- Associate degree, preferred
- At least one-year experience in healthcare
- Minimal of two years of clerical experience required
Beyond the benefits that come with working for the area's leading community healthcare provider – one that also recognizes the need to ensure patient safety and comfort – you'll enjoy an extremely competitive compensation and benefits package. We are an equal opportunity employer and seek diversity in our workforce. EOE M/F/D/V
6557 Greenleaf Ave.