EMERGENCY PREPAREDNESS AND SAFETY COORDINATOR, WHITTIER, FULL TIMEApply Now Job ID 9809-977 Date posted 07/30/2020
We’re a nonprofit, regional healthcare network with two hospitals, numerous outpatient medical offices, a multispecialty medical (physician) group, home healthcare services and hospice care, as well as heart, cancer and emergency services. Our leadership is dedicated to putting patients first—a cornerstone of our mission, vision and values—as we deliver top-quality healthcare. From our extensive facilities in Whittier, California and Downey, California, PIH Health serves more than two million residents in Los Angeles and Orange Counties and throughout the San Gabriel Valley. PIH Health is certified as a Great Place to Work TM. For more information, visit PIHHealth.org or follow us on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram.
To assist with the managing and coordination of the Emergency Preparedness and Safety program, policies, and procedures and to help ensure a safe, secure and compliant environment. Major elements of the program include, but are not limited to: ensuring compliance and continuous improvement related to all elements of Emergency Preparedness and Environment of Care, including but not limited to, HPP grant deliverables, CHEMPACK and disaster supplies, EOC rounds, survey readiness, and managing of hazardous waste.
- Ability to perform job related activities utilizing correct body mechanics.
- Demonstrated leadership abilities.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to communicate clearly, accurately and effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Independent decision making
- Computer skills.
- Knowledge of the Hospital Incident Command System (HICS) structure
- Experience with the coordination of mitigation, planning, response and recovery processes associated with healthcare emergency management
- Three to five years of experience in Environment of Care in a health care setting.
- Valid California Driver’s License, access to an automobile, and state-required auto liability coverage.
- Experience using Microsoft Office, specifically Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Three years of professional experience in emergency management/disaster preparedness or related field (environmental safety, public safety, emergency department, or risk management)
- Hospital Disaster Management Training (HDMT)
- Experience with Los Angeles County Hospital Preparedness Program/Assistant Secretary of Preparedness and Response (HPP/ASPR) audits and Homeland Security Audits
- Hazardous Materials Courses