ENCOUNTER DATA PROCESSOR, PHP, FULL TIME, DAYSApply Now Job ID 9527-977 Date posted 06/29/2020
PIH Health is a nonprofit regional healthcare delivery network founded over 50 years ago. Our two campuses including a 548-bed facility in Whittier and a 199-bed facility in Downey, help to provide services to approximately 1.5 million residents in Los Angeles, Orange County and the greater San Gabriel Valley.
The Encounter Data Processor provides assistance to the Claims Services Department by logging mail received and processing both paper and electronic encounters.
- Knowledge/understanding of IPA, HMO, and PPO policies and procedures on claims processing.
- Familiarity with medical terminology, CPT and ICD-9 coding systems.
- Computer keyboard proficiency, 10-key skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Must be detail oriented.
- Good communication skills; ability to work independently and function effectively under time deadlines
- Formal training will be indicated by a high school diploma or equivalent
- One year claims processing experience.
Beyond the benefits that come with working for the area's leading community healthcare provider – one that also recognizes the need to ensure patient safety and comfort – you'll enjoy an extremely competitive compensation and benefits package. We are an equal opportunity employer and seek diversity in our workforce. EOE M/F/D/V