ENTERPRISE SCHEDULING REGISTRAR (IDS CALL CENTER ANCILLARY): FULL-TIME, SHIFT VARIESApply Now Job ID 9016-977 Date posted 02/13/2020
We’re a nonprofit, regional healthcare network with two hospitals, numerous outpatient medical offices, a multi-specialty medical (physician) group, home healthcare services and hospice care, as well as heart, cancer and emergency services. Our leadership is dedicated to putting patients first—a cornerstone of our mission, vision and values—as we deliver top-quality healthcare.
From our extensive facilities in Whittier, California and Downey, California, PIH Health serves more than two million residents in Los Angeles and Orange Counties and throughout the San Gabriel Valley.
Under the direction of IDS Call Center Ancillary Management, the Enterprise Scheduling Registrar performs all tasks related to patient scheduling and pre-registration in an efficient, accurate and hospitable manner to ensure that patient, physician and organizational needs are met. Works closely with management to troubleshoot and resolve issues. Engages in performance improvement activities as needed and serves as a communication facilitator for area of responsibility.
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively and tactfully
- Knowledge of customer service principles and practices
- Attention to detail, actively listens and always follows appropriate channels of communication
- Excellent organizational skills, strong interpersonal skills
- Uses time efficiently, able to deal with frequent change or unexpected events
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks with interruption
- Pleasant voice; ability to diffuse escalating situations and engage management when appropriate
- Good English spelling, reading and comprehension skills
- Knowledge and ability to perform tasks with Microsoft Office software
- Bilingual skils in English/Spanish or English/Chinese is preferred
- Must have a high school diploma or G.E.D.
- Must have a minimum of one (1) year customer service experience
- Ability to maintain composure and balance multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Telephone experience with excellent telephone etiquette
- Knowledge of insurance/authorization process and basic medical terminology
- Medical Assistant
- Work experience in a Call Center setting is highly preferred
Beyond the benefits that come with working for the area's leading community healthcare provider – one that also recognizes the need to ensure patient safety and comfort – you'll enjoy an extremely competitive compensation and benefits package. We are an equal opportunity employer and seek diversity in our workforce. EOE M/F/D/V