FOOD SERVICE WORKER I (WHITTIER), FULL TIME, HOURS VARYApply Now Job ID 5072-977 Date posted 12/02/2017
We’re a nonprofit, regional healthcare network with two hospitals, numerous outpatient medical offices, a multi-specialty medical (physician) group, home healthcare services and hospice care, as well as heart, cancer and emergency services. Our leadership is dedicated to putting patients first—a cornerstone of our mission, vision and values—as we deliver top-quality healthcare.
From our extensive facilities in Whittier, California and Downey, California, PIH Health serves more than two million residents in Los Angeles and Orange Counties and throughout the San Gabriel Valley.
THIS IS TO FILL A FULL-TIME POSITION AT PIH HEALTH HOSPITAL - WHITTIER FOR VARIED WORK SHIFTS
The Food Service Worker I performs a variety of tasks associated with the serving of patient meal trays, hot and cold entrees, salads, sandwiches, desserts and supplements. Takes and logs hot and cold food temps on trayline as well as dish machine and refrigerator/freezer temps. Loads patient trays into meal carts and delivers meal carts/late trays for patients to nursing station. Performs a variety of cleaning tasks including detail cleaning, washing dishes, washing pots and pans. Responsible for stocking and cleaning work areas. Works on patient trayline to include set-up and service as well as breakdown and sanitation. Complies with food safety (HACCP) standards. May be asked to do other tasks associated with food service as the need arises.
- Ability to follow standardized recipes and portion control protocols.
- Ability to use knives, large food production equipment and tools
- High school diploma preferred
- Must be able to read, write and speak English.
- Six months experience in food services preferred
- Knowledge of modified diets helpful.
Beyond the benefits that come with working for the area's leading community healthcare provider – one that also recognizes the need to ensure patient safety and comfort – you'll enjoy an extremely competitive compensation and benefits package. We are an equal opportunity employer and seek diversity in our workforce. EOE M/F/D/V
- CARE MANAGEMENT CLERK, WHITTIER, FULL TIME, 3PM-11:30 Whittier, California
- FRONT OFFFICE REP II (PULMONOLOGY MEDICAL OFFICE): FULL-TIME Whittier, California
- PHARMACY TECHNICIAN (DOWNEY); FULL TIME, VARIABLE SHIFT (**POSITION FOR INTERNAL APPLICANTS ONLY) Downey, California