Front Office Representative IApply Now Hospital Name PIH Health Physicians (PHP) Location Whittier, California Job Type Full-Time/Regular Job ID 20348-977 Date posted 09/19/2023
The Front Office Representative I works under general supervision to perform various front office duties in the medical office setting to ensure efficient operations and patient satisfaction; works closely with Office Manager to trouble-shoot and resolve problems and maintains positive relationships with patients, family members, visitors, and fellow employees.
PIH Health is a nonprofit, regional healthcare network that serves approximately 3 million residents in the Los Angeles County, Orange County and San Gabriel Valley region. The fully integrated network is comprised of PIH Health Downey Hospital, PIH Health Good Samaritan Hospital, PIH Health Whittier Hospital, 37 outpatient medical office buildings, a multispecialty medical (physician) group, home healthcare services and hospice care, as well as heart, cancer, digestive health, orthopedics, women’s health, urgent care and emergency services. The organization is nationally recognized for excellence in patient care and patient experience, and the College of Healthcare Information Management Executives (CHIME) has identified PIH Health as one of the nation’s top hospital systems for best practices, cutting-edge advancements, quality of care and healthcare technology. For more information, visit PIHHealth.org or follow us on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram.
- Knowledge of computer keyboard and 10 key touch, ability to type at least 40 words per minute.
- Knowledge of computer practice management systems and other computerized systems (Microsoft Office programs, electronic health record systems).
- Demonstrates good telephone management skills.
- Knowledge of ICD-10 CM and CPT coding systems.
- Good organizational skills.
- Ability to identify and solve problems.
- Demonstrates good communication skills, bilingual helpful.
- Formal training will be indicated by a high school diploma or equivalent
- Minimum 1 year experience performing front office duties in the medical office setting to include telephone management and charge entry experience
- Knowledge of ICD-10 CM and CPT coding systems
- Computer data entry skills
- Ability to maintain composure when confronted with fast-paced situations.
12462 Putnam Street