Optimize your job search based on your profileStart Matching
Front Office Representative IIApply Now Hospital Name PIH Health Physicians (PHP) Location Whittier, California Job Type Full-Time/Regular Job ID 18800-977 Date posted 03/01/2023
PIH Health is a nonprofit, regional healthcare network that serves approximately 3 million residents in the Los Angeles County, Orange County and San Gabriel Valley region. The fully integrated network is comprised of PIH Health Whittier Hospital, PIH Health Downey Hospital and PIH Health Good Samaritan Hospital, 27 outpatient medical locations, a multispecialty medical (physician) group, home healthcare services and hospice care, as well as heart, cancer, women’s health, urgent care and emergency services. The organization is recognized by Watson Health as one of the nation’s Top Hospitals, and College of Healthcare Information Management Executives (CHIME) as one of the nation’s top hospital systems for best practices, cutting-edge advancements, quality of care and healthcare technology. PIH Health is certified as a Great Place to Work TM. For more information, visit PIHHealth.org or follow us on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram.
The Front Office Representative II works with the Office Manager and/or Assistant Supervisor to maximize front office efficiency and perform various procedures associated with routine patient encounters; works closely with Office Manager and other members of the front office team to trouble-shoot and resolve problems, maintains positive relationships with patients, family members, visitors, and fellow employees.
- Knowledge of computer keyboard and 10 key touch, ability to type at least 40 words per minute.
- Knowledge of computer practice management systems and other computerized systems (Microsoft Office programs, electronic health record systems).
- Demonstrates good telephone management skills.
- Knowledge of ICD-9 CM and CPT coding systems.
- Good organizational skills.
- Ability to identify and solve problems.
- Demonstrates good communication skills, bilingual helpful.
- Formal training will be indicated by a high school diploma or equivalent;
- Must have knowledge of insurance, HMO procedures and medical terminology;
- Experience with ICD-9 CM and CPT coding systems;
- Ability to maintain composure & balance multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Minimum 2 years front office & medical billing experience in a lead position
Beyond the benefits that come with working for the area's leading community healthcare provider – one that also recognizes the need to ensure patient safety and comfort – you'll enjoy an extremely competitive compensation and benefits package. We are an equal opportunity employer and seek diversity in our workforce. EOE M/F/D/V