FRONT OFFICE REPRESENTATIVE - UROLOGY (PHP) FULL-TIME, DAYSApply Now Job ID 9442-977 Date posted 05/21/2020
We’re a nonprofit, regional healthcare network with two hospitals, numerous outpatient medical offices, a multi-specialty medical (physician) group, home healthcare services and hospice care, as well as heart, cancer and emergency services. Our leadership is dedicated to putting patients first—a cornerstone of our mission, vision and values—as we deliver top-quality healthcare.
From our extensive facilities in Whittier, California and Downey, California, PIH Health serves more than two million residents in Los Angeles and Orange Counties and throughout the San Gabriel Valley.
The Front Office Representative II works with the Office Manager and/or Assistant Supervisor to maximize front office efficiency and perform various procedures associated with routine patient encounters; works closely with Office Manager and other members of the front office team to trouble-shoot and resolve problems, maintains positive relationships with patients, family members, visitors, and fellow employees.
- Knowledge of computer keyboard and 10 key touch, ability to type at least 40 words per minute
- Knowledge of computer practice management systems and other computerized systems (Microsoft Office programs, electronic health record systems)
- Demonstrates good telephone management skills
- Knowledge of ICD-9 CM and CPT coding systems
- Good organizational skills
- Ability to identify and solve problems
- Demonstrates good communication skills, bilingual helpful
- Formal training will be indicated by a high school diploma or equivalent
- Minimum 2 years front office & medical billing experience
- Must have knowledge of insurance, HMO procedures and medical terminology
- Experience with ICD-9 CM and CPT coding systems
- Ability to maintain composure & balance multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment
Beyond the benefits that come with working for the area's leading community healthcare provider – one that also recognizes the need to ensure patient safety and comfort – you'll enjoy an extremely competitive compensation and benefits package. We are an equal opportunity employer and seek diversity in our workforce. EOE M/F/D/V