Health Informatics Analyst, Lead - Decision Support Whittier - PHP, Full-TimeApply Now Hospital Name PIH Health Physicians Location Whittier, California Job Type Full-Time/Regular Job ID 14110-977 Date posted 12/07/2021
PIH Health is a nonprofit, regional healthcare network that serves approximately 3 million residents in the Los Angeles County, Orange County and San Gabriel Valley region. The fully integrated network is comprised of PIH Health Whittier Hospital, PIH Health Downey Hospital and PIH Health Good Samaritan Hospital, 27 outpatient medical locations, a multispecialty medical (physician) group, home healthcare services and hospice care, as well as heart, cancer, women’s health, urgent care and emergency services. The organization is recognized by Watson Health as one of the nation’s Top Hospitals, and College of Healthcare Information Management Executives (CHIME) as one of the nation’s top hospital systems for best practices, cutting-edge advancements, quality of care and healthcare technology. PIH Health is certified as a Great Place to Work TM. For more information, visit PIHHealth.org or follow us on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram.
The Health Informatics Analyst Lead will design, document, develop and rollout financial, clinical and utilization analyses using a variety of computing tools (e.g. SQL, MS Access, Excel). Perform adhoc analyses that will vary in duration and complexity - it will be expected that the Health Informatics Analyst Lead can balance multiple priorities while maintaining a high level of quality. This position has the responsibility to participate and/or lead in defining the issues to be studied as well as the methodology to be used in addressing these issues. Requires high-level direction with very limited supervision.
- Programming skills using SQL.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Access, MSSQL script and database structures
- Experience with SSRS report builder
- Experience with financial and data modeling to support organizational decision making
- Ability to solve complex problems with data
- Detail oriented and applies validation principles for data accuracy
- Consulting skills with the ability to translate customer needs into meaningful reports and analysis
- Ability to effectively prioritize and manage multiple complex projects.
- Ability to independently coordinate projects from the concept stage to completion
- Ability to serve as technical lead to guild team member to solve technical issue.
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Health Informatics, or related field.
- Five (5) years minimum of SQL script writing and data analytics
- Four (4) years of direct experience using technical and analytical skills on the extraction, integration, layout and interpretation of complex relational and disparate data sources.
- Four (4) years’ experience in Healthcare data-driven role
- Two (2) years minimum of technical leadership experience
- Four (4) years of experience working with health care claims or capitation data.
- Six (6) years’ experience in working with medical terminology, medical coding systems; ICD-10, CPT4, DRG, GPI.
- Two (2) years of experience working with Tableau and data visualization tools.
- Two (2) years of experience working with Data Warehouse
Beyond the benefits that come with working for the area's leading community healthcare provider – one that also recognizes the need to ensure patient safety and comfort – you'll enjoy an extremely competitive compensation and benefits package. We are an equal opportunity employer and seek diversity in our workforce. EOE M/F/D/V