Human Resources (HR) Benefits Coordinator, Human ResourcesApply Now Hospital Name PIH Health Whittier Hospital Location Whittier, California Job Type Full-Time/Regular Job ID 15679-977 Date posted 04/08/2022
The HR Benefits Coordinator is responsible for the administration of all medical/dental, pension, and other related benefit plans for employees of PIH Health. This coordinator assists employees with benefits enrollment and questions. Verifies insurance billing, accurately maintains employee database, files, and ensures compliance with required benefit notices. Responsible for consistently displaying teamwork approach, considering the impact of their actions and behaviors on others.
PIH Health is a nonprofit, regional healthcare network that serves approximately 3.7 million residents in the Los Angeles County, Orange County and San Gabriel Valley region. The fully integrated network is comprised of PIH Health Downey Hospital, PIH Health Good Samaritan Hospital, PIH Health Whittier Hospital, 35 outpatient medical office buildings, a multispecialty medical (physician) group, home healthcare services and hospice care, as well as heart, cancer, digestive health, orthopedics, women’s health, urgent care and emergency services. The organization is nationally recognized for excellence in patient care and patient experience, and the College of Healthcare Information Management Executives (CHIME) has identified PIH Health as one of the nation’s top hospital systems for best practices, cutting-edge advancements, quality of care and healthcare technology.
- Knowledge of computer systems, including Microsoft Office
- Critical thinking and analytical skills
- Performs well independently and within a team
- Proactively anticipates the needs of employees, applicants, and management
- Careful attention to detail
- High School diploma or General Education Diploma (GED)
- 1 to 2 years of experience in Human Resources or a full-service personnel department working with employee benefits
- Bachelor’s degree