HUMAN RESOURCES (HR) BENEFITS SPECIALIST - PIH HEALTH WHITTIER HOSPITAL - ON-SITE - FULL-TIME - DAYSApply Now Hospital Name PIH Health Whittier Hospital Location Whittier, California Job Type Full-Time/Regular Job ID 15679-977 Date posted 04/08/2022
PIH Health is a nonprofit, regional healthcare network that serves approximately 3 million residents in the Los Angeles County, Orange County and San Gabriel Valley region. The fully integrated network is comprised of PIH Health Hospital - Whittier, PIH Health Hospital - Downey and PIH Health Good Samaritan Hospital, 27 outpatient medical locations, a multi-specialty medical (physician) group, home healthcare services and hospice care, as well as heart, cancer, women’s health, urgent care and emergency services.
The organization is recognized by Watson Health as one of the nation’s Top Hospitals, and College of Healthcare Information Management Executives (CHIME) as one of the nation’s top hospital systems for best practices, cutting-edge advancements, quality of care and healthcare technology. PIH Health is certified as a Great Place to Work TM. For more information, visit PIHHealth.org or follow us on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram.
The HR Benefits Specialist assists in the administration, implementation, and communication of all employee benefit plans and other related benefit plans of other related entities. Assists with monthly benefits invoices and reconciliation. Responsible for consistently displaying teamwork approach, considering the impact of his/her actions and behaviors on others.
- Knowledge of office equipment.
- Computer literate to include Microsoft Office applications.
- Ability to perform basic arithmetic calculations.
- Good interpersonal skills required.
- Perform in an independent manner, anticipating needs of employees, applicants and management. Careful attention to office duties, agreeable acceptance and prompt execution of all work assignments.
- Knowledge of current State and Federal employment laws.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or related field
- Must have three (3) years of prior experience in Human Resources or related field
- Word processing skills; computer, word processing & spreadsheet skills
- Ability to maintain composure and balance multiple conflicting priorities in a fast-paced environment; excellent communication, organizational and listening skills, ability to maintain the highest level of discretion and confidentiality
Beyond the benefits that come with working for the area's leading community healthcare provider – one that also recognizes the need to ensure patient safety and comfort – you'll enjoy an extremely competitive compensation and benefits package. We are an equal opportunity employer and seek diversity in our workforce. EOE M/F/D/V