INFECTION PREVENTION PRACTITIONER, GOOD SAMARITAN HOSPITAL, FULL TIME, DAYSApply Now Job ID 9518-977 Date posted 06/26/2020
PIH Health is a nonprofit, regional healthcare network that serves approximately 3 million residents in the Los Angeles County, Orange County and San Gabriel Valley region. The fully integrated network is comprised of PIH Health Hospital - Whittier, PIH Health Hospital - Downey and PIH Health Good Samaritan Hospital, 27 outpatient medical locations, a multispecialty medical (physician) group, home healthcare services and hospice care, as well as heart, cancer, women’s health, urgent care and emergency services. The organization is recognized by Watson Health as one of the nation’s Top Hospitals, and College of Healthcare Information Management Executives (CHIME) as one of the nation’s top hospital systems for best practices, cutting-edge advancements, quality of care and healthcare technology.
The Infection Prevention Practitioner utilizes epidemiologic methods to identify, investigate, monitor and report healthcare-associated infections. The Infection Prevention Practitioner collaborates with teams and individuals to create prevention strategies, provide feedback, and sustain infection prevention strategies.
- Knowledge of Public Health/CDC guidelines, and epidemiology
- Advanced knowledge of microbiology, disease transmission and communicable disease
- Ability to identify and apply problem solving techniques
- Interpersonal competence in written, oral, verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of statistical computation, interpretation and graphic presentation.
- Ability to implement evidence-based guidelines
- Baccalaureate degree in public health, epidemiology, nursing, clinical laboratory science, medical technology or related field.
- Certification in Infection Control and Epidemiology or, attainment within three years after employment.
- 2-5 years of relevant experience in infection prevention
- California licensure as RN
- Master’s degree in nursing, public health, epidemiology or related field.