INFECTION PREVENTION PRACTITIONER, WHITTIER, PART TIME, DAYSApply Now Job ID 8562-977 Date posted 11/07/2019
We’re a nonprofit, regional healthcare network with two hospitals, numerous outpatient medical offices, a multi-specialty medical (physician) group, home healthcare services and hospice care, as well as heart, cancer and emergency services. Our leadership is dedicated to putting patients first—a cornerstone of our mission, vision and values—as we deliver top-quality healthcare.
From our extensive facilities in Whittier, California and Downey, California, PIH Health serves more than two million residents in Los Angeles and Orange Counties and throughout the San Gabriel Valley.
The Infection Prevention Practitioner under the direction of the Pharmacy and Therapeutics/Infection Control Team utilizes epidemiologic methods to survey, compile, and report information regarding patients who are admitted with community acquired infections or those inpatients that develop nosocomial infections during their hospitalization.
- Knowledge of Public Health/CDC guidelines, and epidemiology
- Advanced knowledge of microbiology, disease transmission and communicable disease
- Ability to identify and apply problem solving techniques
- Interpersonal competence in written, verbal communication, and able to interact well with others
- Knowledge of statistical computation, interpretation and graphic presentation.
- Organizational skills – the ability to plan and carry out an effective program to meet the goals of the department
- Office skills, including typing, computer, filing, etc.
- Baccalaureate degree in healthcare field, public health, epidemiology, nursing
- Either current CA licensure as RN or have a Master’s degree in public health, epidemiology, bacteriology, or related field
- Completion of Public Health/CDC or equivalent epidemiology in Infection Control Program within one year
- 5 years of recent clinical experience in the acute care setting
- Formal hospital in-services education experience
- California licensure as RN
- Master’s degree
Beyond the benefits that come with working for the area's leading community healthcare provider – one that also recognizes the need to ensure patient safety and comfort – you'll enjoy an extremely competitive compensation and benefits package. We are an equal opportunity employer and seek diversity in our workforce. EOE M/F/D/V