INTERN (PIH HEALTH SUMMER INTERNSHIP PROGRAM) - TEMP - FULL-TIMEApply Now Hospital Name PIH Health Whittier Hospital Location Whittier, California Job Type Intern Job ID 16204-977 Date posted 05/21/2022
PIH Health is a nonprofit, regional healthcare network that serves approximately 3 million residents in the Los Angeles County, Orange County and San Gabriel Valley region. The fully integrated network is comprised of PIH Health Hospital - Whittier, PIH Health Hospital - Downey and PIH Health Good Samaritan Hospital, 27 outpatient medical locations, a multispecialty medical (physician) group, home healthcare services and hospice care, as well as heart, cancer, women’s health, urgent care and emergency services. The organization is recognized by Watson Health as one of the nation’s Top Hospitals, and College of Healthcare Information Management Executives (CHIME) as one of the nation’s top hospital systems for best practices, cutting-edge advancements, quality of care and healthcare technology. PIH Health is certified as a Great Place to Work TM. For more information, visit PIHHealth.org or follow us on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram.
The purpose of this PIH Health Internship Program is to provide learning opportunities for students who are interested in the healthcare industry. It also allows PIH Health to provide short-term support for the internal departments and gain a fresh perspective from future generations.
- Dependable person with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must have knowledge and demonstrated use of Microsoft Office suite
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to interact and work effectively with all audiences.
- Must possess ability to organize, plan daily activities and demonstrate initiative with minimal supervision
- Must have the ability to learn quickly and follow through—be a self-starter
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to meet and work pleasantly and effectively with a variety of professionals at all levels within the organization as well as with patients and community members
- Ability to present a clear flow of information
- Adheres to all privacy laws
- Detail oriented and highly organized
- Must currently be a college Junior or Senior or higher level students who are currently enrolled in a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree program
- GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Availability to work full-time hours for the duration of the eight (8) weeks program
- Self-directed and able to work without supervision
- Healthcare related degree
Beyond the benefits that come with working for the area's leading community healthcare provider – one that also recognizes the need to ensure patient safety and comfort – you'll enjoy an extremely competitive compensation and benefits package. We are an equal opportunity employer and seek diversity in our workforce. EOE M/F/D/V