Invasive Radiology Technologist, PIH Health Whittier, Full Time 10 Hour Shift, DaysApply Now Hospital Name PIH Health Whittier Hospital Location Whittier, California Job Type Full-Time/Regular Job ID 16303-977 Date posted 06/03/2022
PIH Health is a nonprofit, regional healthcare network that serves approximately 3 million residents in the Los Angeles County, Orange County and San Gabriel Valley region. The fully integrated network is comprised of PIH Health Hospital - Whittier, PIH Health Hospital - Downey and PIH Health Good Samaritan Hospital, 27 outpatient medical locations, a multispecialty medical (physician) group, home healthcare services and hospice care, as well as heart, cancer, women’s health, urgent care and emergency services. The organization is recognized by Watson Health as one of the nation’s Top Hospitals, and College of Healthcare Information Management Executives (CHIME) as one of the nation’s top hospital systems for best practices, cutting-edge advancements, quality of care and healthcare technology. PIH Health is certified as a Great Place to Work TM. For more information, visit PIHHealth.org or follow us on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram.
Assists licensed independent physicians in minimally invasive catheter-based diagnostic and interventional radiological procedures while maintaining maximal patient safety and comfort. Procedures include all parts of the vasculature structures and organ systems.
- Technical skills in general radiography and fluoroscopy
- Knowledge of all vasculature and organ systems
- Knowledge of all interventional radiology procedures
- Skilled in the use of contrast agents, stents, PTA catheters, wires, guide catheter sheaths, Thrombectomy, atherectomy, and thrombolysis interventional equipment.
- Basic patient care and assessment techniques
- Knowledgeable in radiation physics, radiation biology, radiation protection, and medical terminology.
- The high degree of accuracy in positioning and exposure techniques
- Communication skills
- Certificates from CRT and/or ARRT
- Fluoroscopy permit
- CPR/BLS - Basic Life Support
- Two (2) years’ experience in a hospital or clinic setting performing diagnostic radiological procedures
- Two (2) years of angiography training preferred
- ARRT in Vascular-Interventional Radiography
Beyond the benefits that come with working for the area's leading community healthcare provider – one that also recognizes the need to ensure patient safety and comfort – you'll enjoy an extremely competitive compensation and benefits package. We are an equal opportunity employer and seek diversity in our workforce. EOE M/F/D/V