LEAD REGISTRATION REPRESENTATIVE (WHITTIER): FULL-TIME, EVENING SHIFTApply Now Job ID 5231-977 Date posted 01/12/2018
We’re a nonprofit, regional healthcare network with two hospitals, numerous outpatient medical offices, a multi-specialty medical (physician) group, home healthcare services and hospice care, as well as heart, cancer and emergency services. Our leadership is dedicated to putting patients first—a cornerstone of our mission, vision and values—as we deliver top-quality healthcare.
From our extensive facilities in Whittier, California and Downey, California, PIH Health serves more than two million residents in Los Angeles and Orange Counties and throughout the San Gabriel Valley.
THIS IS TO FILL A FULL-TIME POSITION FOR AN EVENING WORK SHIFT AT PIH HEALTH HOSPITAL - WHITTIER
The Lead Registration Representative serves as a department resource to registration and financial counseling staff, leads by example and pursues goals under the direction of the Registration and/or Financial Counselor Supervisor. The Lead demonstrates outstanding registration and financial counseling skills. The Lead performs all tasks related to registration, pre registration, account auditing and financial counseling for inpatients and outpatients including securing and calculating upfront collections with co-pays, and co-insurance in an efficient, accurate and hospitable manner to ensure the patient, physician and hospital needs are met. The Lead “serves as a role model” within the department and throughout the organization, always displaying the “Patient First” vision in their performance, behavior and decision making. Attains and maintains the AAHAM Certified Revenue Cycle Specialist CRCS Certification.
- Displays strong leadership and organizational skills
- Excellent English communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively and tactfully with staff, patients/guarantors, insurance companies and physicians.
- Excellent English reading, comprehension and written skills to include spelling skills and penmanship
- Ability to follow directions as outlined in policies or given by supervisor
- Strong computer skills to include typing 45 wpm minimum
- Mature, dependable and conscientious
- Excellent mathematical skills to include adding, subtracting, multiplying, dividing and figuring percentages
- Ability to exercise independent judgment at times of need and emergency situations
- Bilingual preferred
- Welcomes the opportunity to take on new responsibilities and challenges
- Demonstrates flexibility in adapting to change
- Maintain and displays confidentiality at all times
- High school diploma or G.E.D. is required, prefer evidence of continuing education
- Must have a minimum two (2) years of work experience in hospital Registration/Admitting
- Must have a minimum two (2) years of work experience in financial counseling, insurance verification and/or medical/hospital billing.
- Knowledge of eligibility requirements for Medi-Cal, Medicare, Covered California, HPE, Cobra, limited benefit plans, VVC and Uncompensated Care Programs; and IPA knowledge.
- Demonstrate teaching skills in orientation and instruction of new registration personnel
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- AAHAM Certified Revenue Cycle Specialist CRCS Certification required within one year of hire date
Beyond the benefits that come with working for the area's leading community healthcare provider – one that also recognizes the need to ensure patient safety and comfort – you'll enjoy an extremely competitive compensation and benefits package. We are an equal opportunity employer and seek diversity in our workforce. EOE M/F/D/V
- REGISTERED NURSE (RN) DOWNEY; EMERGENCY, PER DIEM, VARIABLE SHIFT Downey, California
- PHLEBOTOMIST (IN-PATIENT) WHITTIER: INTERNAL APPLICANTS ONLY, PART-TIME Whittier, California
- SENIOR CLAIMS EXAMINER (PIH HEALTH PHYSICIANS): FULL-TIME Whittier, California