LICENSED CLINICAL SOCIAL WORKER, PALLIATIVE CARE, LA MIRADA, FULL TIME, DAYSApply Now Job ID 7718-977 Date posted 06/10/2019
We’re a nonprofit, regional healthcare network with two hospitals, numerous outpatient medical offices, a multispecialty medical (physician) group, home healthcare services and hospice care, as well as heart, cancer and emergency services. Our leadership is dedicated to putting patients first—a cornerstone of our mission, vision and values—as we deliver top-quality healthcare.
From our extensive facilities in Whittier, California and Downey, California, PIH Health serves more than two million residents in Los Angeles and Orange Counties and throughout the San Gabriel Valley.
The Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) assesses and intervenes with patients and family members to identify and manage psychosocial, emotional, bereavement, mental, physical and economic factors which may interfere with obtaining maximum benefits from medical and supportive care; in collaboration with the patient, family and interdisciplinary team develops and implements a care plan; selects and utilizes community resources as part of the care plan; makes referrals to and coordinates with other professional disciplines or agencies; provides psycho-social therapy using a variety of brief and crisis treatment methods; participates in interdisciplinary health team conferences; assists in the coordination of the transitional and discharge plan.
The LCSW will also be responsible for additional duties as assigned by the Director, including but not limited to clinical supervision for unlicensed social workers, review of documentation, precepting MSW students, and providing education and training to the healthcare team regarding social work services, behavioral health, palliative care, hospice, end-of-life care and regulatory requirements.
- Demonstrates skill in patient assessment, intervention, planning, and evaluation.
- Demonstrates initiative, good judgment, and the ability to make decision independently
- Demonstrates skill in working with patients having planned and unplanned life transitions such as but not limited to diagnosis of chronic and acute illness, death and dying and complex family dynamics.
- Strong communication skills, verbal, non-verbal, written and oral.
- Ability to learn department and hospital policies and protocols.
- Knowledge of managed care payment requirements and Medi-Cal and Medicare requirements.
- Current California license as Licensed Clinical Social Worker issued by the California Board of Behavioral Sciences.
- 3 or more years of work experience in a healthcare setting, preferred.
- Following certification required (if not certified need to obtain within three years of employment in this role):
- Advanced Certified Hospice and Palliative Social Worker
- Current CPR.
- Experience with regulatory requirements related to reporting of child/elder abuse, domestic violence, and other legal requirements.
- Must possess valid, unrestricted California Driver’s License and valid auto liability insurance.
- 2 or more years of work experience in a palliative care setting, preferred.
- 2 years hospice care preferred.
- Demonstrates skill in working with chronic care and complex patients including assessing and managing psychosocial aspects of pain.
- Cognizant of or ability to learn Palliative Care policies.
Beyond the benefits that come with working for the area's leading community healthcare provider – one that also recognizes the need to ensure patient safety and comfort – you'll enjoy an extremely competitive compensation and benefits package. We are an equal opportunity employer and seek diversity in our workforce. EOE M/F/D/V