LICENSED VOCATIONAL NURSE, HOSPICE HOUSE, WHITTIER, FULL TIME, 3PM-11:30PMApply Now Job ID 8675-977 Date posted 12/02/2019
We’re a nonprofit, regional healthcare network with two hospitals, numerous outpatient medical offices, a multispecialty medical (physician) group, home healthcare services and hospice care, as well as heart, cancer and emergency services. Our leadership is dedicated to putting patients first—a cornerstone of our mission, vision and values—as we deliver top-quality healthcare.
From our extensive facilities in Whittier, California and Downey, California, PIH Health serves more than two million residents in Los Angeles and Orange Counties and throughout the San Gabriel Valley.
Under the guidance of the registered nurse, performs basic nursing procedures and skilled hospice care for patients certified as having a terminal illness who have elected the Hospice benefit. The LVN also provides supportive care to patients families and/or significant others.
- Ability to work well with people, ability to organize and make effective use of time.
- Compassion and empathy coupled with clinical knowledge to assist patients with terminal care needs.
- Competent to complete basic nursing procedures.
- Cognizant of home health standards and practices.
- Basic computer knowledge and abilities.
- Current California license as an LVN.
- One year professional nursing experience.
- Experience with EMR system preferred
- Current CPR card.
- Current California driver's license and valid auto insurance.
Beyond the benefits that come with working for the area's leading community healthcare provider – one that also recognizes the need to ensure patient safety and comfort – you'll enjoy an extremely competitive compensation and benefits package. We are an equal opportunity employer and seek diversity in our workforce. EOE M/F/D/V