Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN), Nursing Administration Float Pool, Part time, 8am-6:30pmApply Now Hospital Name PIH Health Whittier Hospital Location Whittier, California Job Type Part-Time Job ID 20333-977 Date posted 09/16/2023
Provides direct patient care under the direction/supervision of a registered nurse. Practices within the legal boundaries for licensed vocational nursing and accepts responsibility of individual nursing actions, competence, decisions, and behavior in the course of vocational nursing practice.
PIH Health is a nonprofit, regional healthcare network that serves approximately 3 million residents in the Los Angeles County, Orange County and San Gabriel Valley region. The fully integrated network is comprised of PIH Health Hospital - Whittier, PIH Health Hospital - Downey and PIH Health Good Samaritan Hospital, 27 outpatient medical locations, a multispecialty medical (physician) group, home healthcare services and hospice care, as well as heart, cancer, women’s health, urgent care and emergency services. The organization is recognized by Watson Health as one of the nation’s Top Hospitals, and College of Healthcare Information Management Executives (CHIME) as one of the nation’s top hospital systems for best practices, cutting-edge advancements, quality of care and healthcare technology. For more information, visit PIHHealth.org or follow us on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram.
- Written and verbal communications, interpersonal skills.
- Basic organizational skills.
- Basic computer skills.
- Demonstrated team member abilities.
- Clinical education related to specialty.
- Principles of patient/family teaching.
- With consideration to age, employee utilizes the approved process to resolve biophysical, psychological, educational, and environmental needs of the patient/significant others when administering care.
- Current California LVN license
- Evidence of continuing education
- Prior experience in an acute care facility in Medical/Surgical, as appropriate for clinical specialty.
- Current American Heart Association Basic Life Support Card.
- Intravenous Certification
12401 Washington Blvd.