Optimize your job search based on your profileStart Matching
LIS Analyst, Clinical LaboratoryApply Now Hospital Name PIH Health Whittier Hospital Location Whittier, California Job Type Full-Time/Regular Job ID 19333-977 Date posted 04/27/2023
PIH Health is a nonprofit, regional healthcare network that serves approximately 3 million residents in the Los Angeles County, Orange County and San Gabriel Valley region. The fully integrated network is comprised of PIH Health Hospital - Whittier, PIH Health Hospital - Downey and PIH Health Good Samaritan Hospital, 27 outpatient medical locations, a multispecialty medical (physician) group, home healthcare services and hospice care, as well as heart, cancer, women’s health, urgent care and emergency services. The organization is recognized by Watson Health as one of the nation’s Top Hospitals, and College of Healthcare Information Management Executives (CHIME) as one of the nation’s top hospital systems for best practices, cutting-edge advancements, quality of care and healthcare technology. PIH Health is certified as a Great Place to Work TM. For more information, visit PIHHealth.org or follow us on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram.
Assists the laboratory director in the management of the laboratory information system, laboratory Charge Master maintenance, billing, and regulatory and compliance issues.
- Safeguards and preserves the confidentiality of patient’s protected health information in accordance with State and Federal (HIPAA) regulatory requirements, hospital and departmental policies.
- Ensures a safe patient environment and adherence to safety practices per policy.
- With consideration to age, employee utilizes the approved process to resolve biophysical, psychological, educational and environmental needs of patient/significant other when administering care.
- Coordinates all aspects of the laboratory information system (LIS), including instrument interfaces.
- Maintains appropriate documentation of LIS activities.
- Writes and updates LIS policies and procedures.
- Maintains and updates Laboratory Charge Master.
- Assists with Laboratory billing and compliance issues.
- Assists with the gathering, compiling and evaluation of data and statistics as needed.
- Maintains statistics relevant to workload, budget and staffing to meet budgetary requirements for the department.
- Assists, develops, organizes and maintains a quality control and assurance / quality improvement program.
- Assists in developing, organizing and maintaining an effective management system. Identifies and defines opportunities for improvement, recommends action and supports the quality improvement program.
- Assists the director in overseeing the day to day operations of the laboratory.
- Demonstrates positive customer service behavior in verbal and nonverbal communications and interactions, assisting patients, physician, visitors and hospital staff as needed. Displays a positive teamwork approach.
- Maintains confidentiality of laboratory/hospital patient related information.
- Demonstrates knowledge of safety, hazardous waste, and infection control precautions at all times.
- Reviews and demonstrates knowledge and complies with standards, laws and regulations of applicable licensing and accrediting agencies. Complies with hospital policies as outlined in employee handbook.
- Participates in continuing education as required by State of California for licensure. Participates in hospital / department education as required
- Three (3) years previous laboratory information system (LIS) maintenance experience
- Five (5) years of good general knowledge of all laboratory sections
- California Clinical Laboratory license preferred
Beyond the benefits that come with working for the area's leading community healthcare provider – one that also recognizes the need to ensure patient safety and comfort – you'll enjoy an extremely competitive compensation and benefits package. We are an equal opportunity employer and seek diversity in our workforce. EOE M/F/D/V
12401 Washington Blvd.