LVN CASE MANAGER, PIH Health Hospital - Whittier, Part time, DaysApply Now Hospital Name PIH Health Whittier Hospital Location Whittier, California Job Type Part-Time Job ID 16484 - 977 Date posted 06/22/2022
PIH Health is a nonprofit, regional healthcare network that serves approximately 3 million residents in the Los Angeles County, Orange County, and San Gabriel Valley region. The fully integrated network is comprised of PIH Health Hospital - Whittier, PIH Health Hospital - Downey and PIH Health Good Samaritan Hospital, 27 outpatient medical locations, a multispecialty medical (physician) group, home healthcare services, and hospice care, as well as heart, cancer, women’s health, urgent care, and emergency services. The organization is recognized by Watson Health as one of the nation’s Top Hospitals, and College of Healthcare Information Management Executives (CHIME) as one of the nation’s top hospital systems for best practices, cutting-edge advancements, quality of care, and healthcare technology. PIH Health is certified as a Great Place to Work TM.
The LVN case transition coordinator provides discharge planning by collaboratively determining the level of care needs beyond acute care, providing decision support to patients and families and physicians, managing patient and family expectations, and ensuring a smooth transition to the next level of care and services. The LVN case transition coordinator performs utilization review by using criteria that demonstrate medical necessity to achieve reimbursement for services and ensuring appropriate utilization of hospital resources.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Able to prioritize and delegate work appropriately
- Ability to follow chain of command
- Knowledge of medical terminology and current third party payor reimbursement methodologies
- Self-motivated and results-oriented.
- Must be able to demonstrate sound decision-making and prioritization of skills.
- Utilizes the approved process to resolve biophysical, psychological, educational, and environmental needs of patient/significant others when administering or explaining care.
- Maintain an active California LVN license
- Minimum of 2 years acute hospital experience.
- Proficiency with main-frame and personal computers.
- Previous case management experience preferred.