MONITOR TECH/NURSING UNIT CLERK, PIH HEALTH - WHITTIER, CARDIAC TELEMETRY, Resource Pool, 7pm-7amApply Now Hospital Name PIH Health Whittier Hospital Location Whittier, California Job Type Part-Time Job ID 16043-977 Date posted 05/09/2022
PIH Health is a nonprofit, regional healthcare network that serves approximately 3 million residents in the Los Angeles County, Orange County, and San Gabriel Valley region. The fully integrated network is comprised of PIH Health Hospital - Whittier, PIH Health Hospital - Downey and PIH Health Good Samaritan Hospital, 27 outpatient medical locations, a multispecialty medical (physician) group, home healthcare services, and hospice care, as well as heart, cancer, women’s health, urgent care, and emergency services. The organization is recognized by Watson Health as one of the nation’s Top Hospitals, and the College of Healthcare Information Management Executives (CHIME) as one of the nation’s top hospital systems for best practices, cutting-edge advancements, quality of care, and healthcare technology. PIH Health is certified as a Great Place to Work TM.
Provides cardiac monitoring and clerking duties under the direction/supervision of licensed or certified staff in areas of training. Performs duties necessary to maintain the flow of patient care.
- Written and verbal communications, interpersonal skills.
- Basic organizational skills.
- Basic computer skills.
- Demonstrated team member abilities.
- Education and/or training related to areas of responsibility.
- Principles of patient/family teaching.
- Current California license/certification/registration will be required according to associate position.
- Typing/computer skills.
- Prior experience in acute facility preferred or formal classroom education and formal hospital/inservice orientation.
- Successful completion of Basic EKG Interpretation.
- Bilingual Spanish or Chinese preferred
- Basic knowledge of medical terminology or completion of course within 6 months.
- 1-2 years hospital/healthcare experience in clerical/office or unit clerking preferred.
- CCC Monitor Tech/Unit Clerk – BCLS card required.