NUCLEAR MEDICINE TECHNOLOGIST, NUCLEAR MEDICINE, WHITTIER;ON-CALL, DAYSApply Now Job ID 8971-977 Date posted 02/04/2020
We’re a nonprofit, regional healthcare network with two hospitals, numerous outpatient medical offices, a multi-specialty medical (physician) group, home healthcare services and hospice care, as well as heart, cancer and emergency services. Our leadership is dedicated to putting patients first—a cornerstone of our mission, vision and values—as we deliver top-quality healthcare.
From our extensive facilities in Whittier, California and Downey, California, PIH Health serves more than two million residents in Los Angeles and Orange Counties and throughout the San Gabriel Valley.
The Nuclear Medicine Technician performs nuclear medicine and PET exams maintaining maximal patient safety and comfort. Exams include all parts of the vasculature structures and organ systems.
- Technical skills in nuclear medicine technology
- Technical skills in computed tomography
- Knowledge of all vasculature and organ systems
- Skilled in the use of radioisotopes
- Basic patient care and assessment techniques
- Knowledgeable in ALARA, radiation physics, radiation biology, radiation protection and medical terminology.
- High degree of accuracy in radioisotope exposure techniques
- State of California DHS License (N) (R)
- ARRT certification in CT and/or NMTCB certification in PET
- Two (2) years training in an AMA approved school for Nuclear Medicine Technology
- Must have two (2) years of experience in a hospital setting performing nuclear medicine technology with fusion imaging.
- Valid CPR BLS certification from the American Heart Association
Beyond the benefits that come with working for the area's leading community healthcare provider – one that also recognizes the need to ensure patient safety and comfort – you'll enjoy an extremely competitive compensation and benefits package. We are an equal opportunity employer and seek diversity in our workforce. EOE M/F/D/V