Optimize your job search based on your profileStart Matching
Nuclear Medicine Technologist,Apply Now Hospital Name PIH Health Whittier Hospital Location Whittier, California Job Type Full-Time/Regular Job ID 19141-977 Date posted 04/13/2023
PIH Health is a nonprofit, regional healthcare network that serves approximately 3 million residents in the Los Angeles County, Orange County and San Gabriel Valley region. The fully integrated network is comprised of PIH Health Hospital - Whittier, PIH Health Hospital - Downey and PIH Health Good Samaritan Hospital, 27 outpatient medical locations, a multispecialty medical (physician) group, home healthcare services and hospice care, as well as heart, cancer, women’s health, urgent care and emergency services. The organization is recognized by Watson Health as one of the nation’s Top Hospitals, and College of Healthcare Information Management Executives (CHIME) as one of the nation’s top hospital systems for best practices, cutting-edge advancements, quality of care and healthcare technology. PIH Health is certified as a Great Place to Work TM. For more information, visit PIHHealth.org or follow us on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram.
The Nuclear Medicine Technician performs nuclear medicine and PET exams maintaining maximal patient safety and comfort. Exams include all parts of the vasculature structures and organ systems.
- Technical skills in nuclear medicine technology
- Technical skills in computed tomography
- Knowledge of all vasculature and organ systems
- Skilled in the use of radioisotopes
- Basic patient care and assessment techniques
- Knowledgeable in ALARA, radiation physics, radiation biology, radiation protection and medical terminology.
- High degree of accuracy in radioisotope exposure techniques
- State of California DHS License (N) (R)
- ARRT certification in CT and/or NMTCB certification in PET
- Two (2) years training in an AMA approved school for Nuclear Medicine Technology
- Must have two (2) years of experience in a hospital setting performing nuclear medicine technology with fusion imaging.
- Valid CPR BLS certification from the American Heart Association
Beyond the benefits that come with working for the area's leading community healthcare provider – one that also recognizes the need to ensure patient safety and comfort – you'll enjoy an extremely competitive compensation and benefits package. We are an equal opportunity employer and seek diversity in our workforce. EOE M/F/D/V
12401 Washington Blvd.