NURSE PRACTITIONER, Bariatric SurgeryApply Now Job ID 8216-977 Date posted 09/06/2019
PIH Health is a nonprofit regional healthcare delivery network founded over 50 years ago. Our two campuses including a 548-bed facility in Whittier and a 199-bed facility in Downey, help to provide services to approximately 1.5 million residents in Los Angeles, Orange County and the greater San Gabriel Valley.
The Bariatric Physician’s Assistant/ Nurse Practitioner works with the supervising physician to complete pre-op physical exams, follow up exams and obtains complete medical history and records findings. Orders appropriate pre-surgical laboratory and diagnostic procedures per anesthesia protocol. Provides inpatient consults and assistance in the OR and ED as required. Interprets and integrates data. Instructs patients and family regarding medication and treatments. May be called upon to share Bariatric related presentations with the community. Practice is directed under Title 16; section 1399.500 et. Seq., of the California Administrative Committee and the PA Practice Act.
- Demonstrated expertise in assessment, intervention, and patient care management.
- Knowledgeable regarding scope of practice.
- Self-motivated, self-starter, and able to organize efforts around helping clients have a positive experience.
- Strong interpersonal and written documentation and verbal communication skills
- Skilled at conflict resolution.
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationships.
- Demonstrated leadership abilities.
- Excellent customer service skills with patients, co-workers and guests.
- Ability to analyze complex clinical scenarios and apply critical thinking.
- Proficient in computer usage.
- Current California Nurse Practitioner license
- Graduate form an accredited Nurse Practitioner program. MSN required.
- Three (3) years direct patient care clinical experience preferred
- Evidence of continuing education and self-development to support license requirements
- Certifications: CPR certification required
Beyond the benefits that come with working for the area's leading community healthcare provider – one that also recognizes the need to ensure patient safety and comfort – you'll enjoy an extremely competitive compensation and benefits package. We are an equal opportunity employer and seek diversity in our workforce. EOE M/F/D/V