NURSE PRACTITIONER, EndocrinologyApply Now Job ID 8214-977 Date posted 09/06/2019
PIH Health is a nonprofit regional healthcare delivery network founded over 50 years ago. Our two campuses including a 548-bed facility in Whittier and a 199-bed facility in Downey, help to provide services to approximately 1.5 million residents in Los Angeles, Orange County and the greater San Gabriel Valley.
The Endocrinology NP works closely with the supervising physician to coordinate a course of treatment for patients: perform histories, complete physical exams, order labs and interpret data to formulate a diagnosis or treatment plan for a variety of glandular and metabolic imbalances while working with an inter-disciplinary team of nurses, dietitians, surgeons and pathologists. The Endocrinology Nurse Practitioner will act as an expert in endocrine disease management and prevention.
- Demonstrated expertise in endocrine diagnoses: assessment, intervention, and patient care management. Knowledgeable regarding an Endocrinology NP scope of practice.
- Demonstrated experience with obesity and metabolic syndrome in a clinic setting preferred.
- Demonstrated leadership abilities.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, written and verbal and conflict resolution abilities.
- Independent performer.
- Current California Nurse Practitioner license
- Graduate form an accredited Nurse Practitioner program. MSN required.
- One (1) to Three (3) years direct patient care clinical experience preferred.
- Evidence of continuing education and self-development to support license requirements
- Certifications: CPR certification required
Beyond the benefits that come with working for the area's leading community healthcare provider – one that also recognizes the need to ensure patient safety and comfort – you'll enjoy an extremely competitive compensation and benefits package. We are an equal opportunity employer and seek diversity in our workforce. EOE M/F/D/V