Orthopaedic Technologist/Medical AssistantApply Now Job ID 11696-977 Date posted 04/06/2021
PIH Health is a nonprofit, regional healthcare network that serves approximately 3 million residents in the Los Angeles County, Orange County and San Gabriel Valley region. The fully integrated network is comprised of PIH Health Hospital - Whittier, PIH Health Hospital - Downey and PIH Health Good Samaritan Hospital, 27 outpatient medical locations, a multispecialty medical (physician) group, home healthcare services and hospice care, as well as heart, cancer, women’s health, urgent care and emergency services. The organization is recognized by Watson Health as one of the nation’s Top Hospitals, and College of Healthcare Information Management Executives (CHIME) as one of the nation’s top hospital systems for best practices, cutting-edge advancements, quality of care and healthcare technology. PIH Health is certified as a Great Place to Work TM. For more information, visit PIHHealth.org or follow us on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram.
The Orthopedic Tech Certified/MA works under general supervision to perform a variety of procedures; fills in and performs various patient-oriented job duties; must have knowledge of each job; must keep updated on any changes made within a job position. This employee will work in the Back and Front Office and rotate regularly. Casting and splinting will be daily tasks. The Orthopedic Tech Certified/MA may be requested to float between Orthopedic clinics; process all outside referrals including HMO and PPO, maintaining accurate records and notifying all concerned parties of the outcome as required. This employee facilitates the provisions of timely and effective patient care helping to maintain a safe and clean environment in order to enhance department operations.
- Knowledge of infection control. Able to work using aseptic techniques.
- Minimal EKG knowledge. Able to set-up and run 12-lead EKG (willing to train).
- Ability to apply and remove casts and splints.
- Adaptability and accuracy.
- Strong clinical skills, knowledge of anatomy, physiology and medical terminology
- Strong computer skills, data entry and typing.
- Ability to check patient insurance, makes appointments, and collects co-pays.
- Knowledge of Electronic Health Record (EHR) computerized practice management and other record keeping systems.
- Strong verbal and written skills.
- Orthopaedic Technologist Certified (OTC)
- Certificate from an accredited Medical Assistant program
- Current CPR/BLS certification
- 2 years previous experience working in an Orthopedics Practice or Emergency Department.
- 2 years front and back office experience.
- Bilingual in Spanish.
- Member of National Association of Orthopaedic Technologist (NAOT)
Beyond the benefits that come with working for the area's leading community healthcare provider – one that also recognizes the need to ensure patient safety and comfort – you'll enjoy an extremely competitive compensation and benefits package. We are an equal opportunity employer and seek diversity in our workforce. EOE M/F/D/V