PATIENT CARE UNIT CLERK, PIH Health - Whittier, Renal Telemetry, Night Shift, Full Time, 7pm-7:30amApply Now Hospital Name PIH Health Whittier Hospital Location Whittier, California Job Type Full-Time/Regular Job ID 16524 - 977 Date posted 06/23/2022
We’re a nonprofit, regional healthcare network with two hospitals, numerous outpatient medical offices, a multispecialty medical (physician) group, home healthcare services and hospice care, as well as heart, cancer and emergency services. Our leadership is dedicated to putting patients first—a cornerstone of our mission, vision and values—as we deliver top-quality healthcare.
From our extensive facilities in Whittier, California and Downey, California, PIH Health serves more than two million residents in Los Angeles and Orange Counties and throughout the San Gabriel Valley.
Part of the Patient Care Delivery Team. Provides support to a team of healthcare providers within the hospital. Serves as the unit’s centralized focus of administration, information and communication during an assigned shift. Under direct supervision, assist with provision of patient care which may include patient data collection, assistance with transportation, nutrition and comfort. Maintains clerical organization within the unit. Monitors orders, providing follow-up notifications as needed. Participates in a safe, patient-centered care environment with quality patient care delivery, efficient patient flow and effective communication with the healthcare team.
- Written and verbal communications, interpersonal skills
- Basic organizational skills
- Basic computer skills including the use of Windows and Mouse
- Demonstrated team member abilities
- Ability to follow directions as outlined in policies or given by supervisor
- High school graduate or GED
- 1-2 years hospital/healthcare experience in clerical, unit clerking or Medical Assistant preferred
- Basic knowledge of medical terminology or completion of course within six months
- Current BLS certification
- Non-violent crisis intervention training annually ( for ED only)
Beyond the benefits that come with working for the area's leading community healthcare provider – one that also recognizes the need to ensure patient safety and comfort – you'll enjoy an extremely competitive compensation and benefits package. We are an equal opportunity employer and seek diversity in our workforce. EOE M/F/D/V