PATIENT REGISTRATION REP II, PIH HEALTH HOSPITAL-WHITTIER, PART TIME, 5AM-930AM W/ WEEKEND ROTATIONApply Now Job ID 11200-977 Date posted 01/14/2021
We’re a nonprofit, regional healthcare network with two hospitals, numerous outpatient medical offices, a multi-specialty medical (physician) group, home healthcare services and hospice care, as well as heart, cancer and emergency services. Our leadership is dedicated to putting patients first—a cornerstone of our mission, vision and values—as we deliver top-quality healthcare.
From our extensive facilities in Whittier, California and Downey, California, PIH Health serves more than two million residents in Los Angeles and Orange Counties and throughout the San Gabriel Valley.
The Patient Registration Rep. II performs all tasks related to pre-registration, and registering of inpatients and outpatients including securing and calculating upfront collections with co-pays, and co-insurance in an efficient, accurate and hospitable manner to ensure that patient, physician and hospital needs are met. “Serves as a role model” within the department and throughout the organization, always ensuring patients are first. Required to continue to develop registration and financial counseling skills by learning the fundamental requirements and expectations of the financial counselor role along with the various other jobs within the financial counseling department. Attains and maintains the AAHAM CRCS I certification.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills to communicate effectively with staff, patients, guarantors, insurance companies, and physicians.
- Demonstrated attention to detail; Good English speaking, spelling, reading and Mathematical skills required
- Demonstrate ability to learn quickly, and follow directions as outlined in policies or given by Supervisor
- Strong Computer skills and Knowledge in Word, Excel and ability to maneuvering through multiple screens in a timely manner
- Medical terminology knowledge strongly preferred
- Insurance knowledge preferred
- Ability to multi- task in a fast and high pressured environment
- Stringent adherence to all HIPPA laws
- Excellent organizational and strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent Customer service and phone skills with a background in the medical industry
- Ability to travel to off-site locations (Outpatient only)
- Must have high school diploma or G.E.D.
- One year of experience in a high volume healthcare facility or medical office setting with strong computer and customer service experience is required
- AAHAM CRCS I Certification is required
- Medical terminology strongly preferred
- Insurance and billing experience strongly preferred
- Drivers License; ability to travel to off-site locations (Outpatient only)
- Bilingual Spanish or Chinese (Mandarin) preferred
Beyond the benefits that come with working for the area's leading community healthcare provider – one that also recognizes the need to ensure patient safety and comfort – you'll enjoy an extremely competitive compensation and benefits package. We are an equal opportunity employer and seek diversity in our workforce. EOE M/F/D/V