Optimize your job search based on your profileStart Matching
Patient Registration Rep, PTApply Now Hospital Name PIH Health Whittier Hospital Location Whittier, California Job Type Full-Time/Regular Job ID 19518-977 Date posted 05/19/2023
PIH Health is a nonprofit, regional healthcare network that serves approximately 3 million residents in the Los Angeles County, Orange County and San Gabriel Valley region. The fully integrated network is comprised of PIH Health Whittier Hospital, PIH Health Downey Hospital and PIH Health Good Samaritan Hospital, 27 outpatient medical locations, a multispecialty medical (physician) group, home healthcare services and hospice care, as well as heart, cancer, women’s health, urgent care and emergency services. The organization is recognized by Watson Health as one of the nation’s Top Hospitals, and College of Healthcare Information Management Executives (CHIME) as one of the nation’s top hospital systems for best practices, cutting-edge advancements, quality of care and healthcare technology. PIH Health is certified as a Great Place to Work TM. For more information, visit PIHHealth.org or follow us on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram.
The Patient Registration Representative I performs all tasks related to pre-registration, and registering of inpatients and outpatients including securing and calculating upfront collections with co-pays, and co-insurance in an efficient, accurate and hospitable manner to ensure that patient, physician and hospital needs are met.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills to communicate effectively with staff, patients, guarantors, insurance companies, and physicians.
- Demonstrated attention to detail; Good English speaking, spelling, reading and mathematical skills required
- Demonstrate ability to learn quickly, and follow directions as outlined in policies or given by supervisor
- Strong computer skills and knowledge in Word, Excel and ability to maneuvering through multiple screens in a timely manner
- 1+ year of medical office /hospital work experience preferred
- Medical terminology knowledge strongly preferred
- Insurance knowledge preferred
- Ability to multi- task in a fast and high pressured environment
- Stringent adherence to all HIPPA laws
- Strong typing skills 40 and up wpm is required
- Excellent customer service and phone skills with a background in the medical industry
- Must have one (1) year of patient registration experience in a high volume healthcare facility or medical office setting with strong computer and customer service experience.
- High school graduate required or equivalent, evidence of continuing education preferred.
- Medical terminology strongly preferred
- Insurance and billing experience strongly preferred
- Driver's license and ability to travel to off-site locations (For Outpatient Registration Only)
- Bilingual Spanish or Chinese (Mandarin) preferred
Beyond the benefits that come with working for the area's leading community healthcare provider – one that also recognizes the need to ensure patient safety and comfort – you'll enjoy an extremely competitive compensation and benefits package. We are an equal opportunity employer and seek diversity in our workforce. EOE M/F/D/V
12401 Washington Blvd.