PediatricianApply Now Hospital Name PIH Health Physicians Medical Group Location Whittier, California Job Type Full-Time/Regular Job ID 13431-977 Date posted 10/08/2021
At PIH Health, we provide cutting edge compassionate care. We have a talented team who is proud to be making a positive impact on the lives of our patients each and every day. We are growing fast and looking to have enthusiastic Pediatrician to join our team.
PIH Health pediatricians are responsible for the health care needs of child, from birth to early adulthood. They deal with the health issues that arise for infants, children, and teenagers while helping to support their optimal growth, nutrition and develop towards adulthood. The pediatricians diagnose and treat a variety of diseases and disorders, care for injuries, manage basic educational and mental health problems and provide preventative health care services. They work with an inter-disciplinary team of medical assistants, nurses, nurse practitioners, physician assistants, dieticians, pharmacists and specialists to improve the well-being of our pediatric population. The pediatrician functions as the expert in pediatric disease management and prevention.
Excellent location, just outside Los Angeles, California where we have over 300 days of sunshine!
SPECIFIC SKILLS NEEDED:
- Demonstrated expertise in pediatric history taking, assessment, diagnoses, intervention, and patient care management.
- Demonstrated proficiency in normal pediatric growth and development as well as preventive services.
- Experience performing routine pediatric procedures and interpreting diagnostic tests.
- Ability to medically manage normal newborns and neonatal problems in the hospital prior to NICU admission.
- Excellent customer service and patient satisfaction skills.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills. Empathetic and caring behaviors for patients and their families.
- Advocacy for children and their medical needs.
- Mature and dependable individual capable of performing independent efficient work as well as work which supports the growth and value of the pediatric department.
- Innovative and creative thinker
- Flexible individual who is able to make performance improvement and practice changes.
- Team play who is willing to supervise and function collaboratively with advanced practice providers (APP’s).
- Ability to develop and build loyal relationships with patients and families with the goal of cultivating the practice to prosper.
- Current Unrestricted California Medical license
- Graduate from an accredited Medical School
- Graduate form an accredited Pediatric Residency program.
- Graduate from an accredited Pediatric Fellowship program (Optional).
- Evidence of continuing education and self-development to support license requirements.
- Board Certification or Eligible from the American Academy of Pediatrics.
Why PIH Health?
We’re a nonprofit, regional healthcare network with three hospitals, numerous outpatient medical offices, a multispecialty medical group, home healthcare services and hospice care, as well as heart, cancer, digestive health, orthopedics, women’s health, urgent care and emergency services. Our leadership is dedicated to putting patients first—a cornerstone of our mission, vision and values—as we deliver top-quality healthcare.
- PIH Health is committed to remaining a leader in healthcare advances for our communities—technology, equipment, facilities and amenities. We offer a wide range of services, including:
- Primary care teams that deliver general medicine and preventative care.
- Access to emergency and urgent care, home health services and hospice.
- A network of PIH Health physicians and advanced practice professionals including physician assistants and nurse practitioners in accessible and welcoming neighborhood locations.
- More than 7,500 compassionate, valued employees.
- Ranked one of America’s 100 Best Hospitals in beautiful Southern California.
Beyond the benefits that come with working for the area's leading community healthcare provider – one that also recognizes the need to ensure patient safety and comfort – you'll enjoy an extremely competitive compensation and benefits package. We are an equal opportunity employer and seek diversity in our workforce. EOE M/F/D/V