Optimize your job search based on your profileStart Matching
Pharmacy Intern, Pharmacy,Apply Now Hospital Name PIH Health Whittier Hospital Location Whittier, California Job Type PRN Job ID 18444-977 Date posted 01/17/2023
PIH Health is a nonprofit, regional healthcare network that serves approximately 3 million residents in the Los Angeles County, Orange County and San Gabriel Valley region. The fully integrated network is comprised of PIH Health Hospital - Whittier, PIH Health Hospital - Downey and PIH Health Good Samaritan Hospital, 27 outpatient medical locations, a multispecialty medical (physician) group, home healthcare services and hospice care, as well as heart, cancer, women’s health, urgent care and emergency services. The organization is recognized by Watson Health as one of the nation’s Top Hospitals, and College of Healthcare Information Management Executives (CHIME) as one of the nation’s top hospital systems for best practices, cutting-edge advancements, quality of care and healthcare technology. PIH Health is certified as a Great Place to Work TM. For more information, visit PIHHealth.org or follow us on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram.
Perform all the non-judgmental aspects of preparing and dispensing medications under the supervision of a licensed pharmacist. Able to perform duties and responsibilities of Pharmaceutical Care in accordance with the laws and regulation of the California State Board of Pharmacy governing licensed Pharmacist interns. Maintain an ethical, professional behavior that ensures efficient, accurate, timely distribution and control of medications dispensed through the pharmacy. Maintain and reflect a positive attitude representing the pharmacy department as well as the entire hospital.
- Must have high level of written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to read, write and speak English fluently
- Must have strong data entry skills and computer knowledge.
- Must be able to perform pharmaceutical calculations accurately and independently.
- Experience in IV preparation and aseptic technique preferred.
- Must be currently enrolled in an accredited school of pharmacy.
- Must possess a California State Board of Pharmacy issued intern license.
- Proficient command of the English language and knowledge of medical and pharmaceutical terminology is essential.
- One year of hospital or retail pharmacy preferred.
Beyond the benefits that come with working for the area's leading community healthcare provider – one that also recognizes the need to ensure patient safety and comfort – you'll enjoy an extremely competitive compensation and benefits package. We are an equal opportunity employer and seek diversity in our workforce. EOE M/F/D/V