PHARMACY OPS MANAGER (WHITTIER) VARIED BUT MOSTLY DAYSApply Now Job ID 7826-977 Date posted 07/01/2019
We’re a nonprofit, regional healthcare network with two hospitals, numerous outpatient medical offices, a multispecialty medical (physician) group, home healthcare services and hospice care, as well as heart, cancer and emergency services. Our leadership is dedicated to putting patients first—a cornerstone of our mission, vision and values—as we deliver top-quality healthcare.
From our extensive facilities in Whittier, California and Downey, California, PIH Health serves more than two million residents in Los Angeles and Orange Counties and throughout the San Gabriel Valley.
This Pharmacy Operations Manager shall work in collaboration with the Administrative Director of Pharmacy Services and be instrumental in effectively training Pharmacy staff regarding department processes, policies, and protocols. He/she shall supervise and coordinate Pharmacy Operations along with directing all activities of clinical pharmacist and technical staff. He/she will be responsible for the provision of pharmaceutical care through clinical pharmacy services in the inpatient and applicable outpatient services and coordination of drug utilization review. This is a management position.
- Demonstrated leadership ability
- Written and verbal communication skills
- Interpersonal competence
- Team-building skills
- Negotiation and confrontational skills
- Basic computer skills
- Organizational skills
- Knowledge of Title XXII, Article 16, The Joint Commission (TJC), USP , USP , Medication Error Reduction Plan (MERP), 340B Regulations, Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA) Regulations, and California State Board of Pharmacy regulations.
- Must have a Doctor of Pharmacy (PharmD) degree. Must be a current registered pharmacist with a license from the California Board of Pharmacy in good standing.
- Must have a minimum of four (4) years of post-graduate hospital pharmacy experience.
- Completion of a Hospital Pharmacy Residency is preferred.
Beyond the benefits that come with working for the area's leading community healthcare provider – one that also recognizes the need to ensure patient safety and comfort – you'll enjoy an extremely competitive compensation and benefits package. We are an equal opportunity employer and seek diversity in our workforce. EOE M/F/D/V