Pharmacy Technician, PharmacyApply Now Hospital Name PIH Health Whittier Hospital Location Whittier, California Job Type Full-Time/Regular Job ID 19405-977 Date posted 05/03/2023
The Pharmacy Technician performs all the non-judgmental aspects of preparing and dispensing medications under the supervision of a licensed pharmacist. Maintain an ethical, professional behavior that ensures efficient, accurate, timely distribution and control of medications dispensed through the pharmacy. Maintain and reflect a positive attitude representing the pharmacy department as well as the entire hospital. He/she shall complete projects assigned by the Pharmacy Technician Manager/Supervisor or Pharmacy Operations Manager in a timely manner.
PIH Health is a nonprofit, regional healthcare network that serves approximately 3 million residents in the Los Angeles County, Orange County and San Gabriel Valley region. The fully integrated network is comprised of PIH Health Downey Hospital, PIH Health Good Samaritan Hospital, PIH Health Whittier Hospital, 37 outpatient medical office buildings, a multispecialty medical (physician) group, home healthcare services and hospice care, as well as heart, cancer, digestive health, orthopedics, women’s health, urgent care and emergency services. The organization is nationally recognized for excellence in patient care and patient experience, and the College of Healthcare Information Management Executives (CHIME) has identified PIH Health as one of the nation’s top hospital systems for best practices, cutting-edge advancements, quality of care and healthcare technology. For more information, visit PIHHealth.org or follow us on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram.
- Possess a proficient level of computer and verbal/written communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize.
- Able to effectively read, write, and speak English fluently.
- Perform pharmaceutical calculations accurately and independently.
- Possess knowledge or experience in IV preparation, aseptic technique, and data entry.
- Minimum typing skills of 40 words per minute (wpm).
- Able-bodied to transport medications throughout all patient care areas as deemed necessary.
- Proficient command of the English language and knowledge of medical and pharmaceutical terminology.
- High School Graduate or GED
- Must be registered with the California State Board of Pharmacy as a Pharmacy Technician in good standing.
- Must have one (1) year of pharmacy hospital experience or completion of a Pharmacy Technician Internship in an acute hospital setting.
- Graduate of an accredited Pharmacy Technician program.
- Previous experience as a Pharmacy Technician in the State of California
- Pharmacy Technician internship at PIH Health.
Beyond the benefits that come with working for the area's leading community healthcare provider – one that also recognizes the need to ensure patient safety and comfort – you'll enjoy an extremely competitive compensation and benefits package. We are an equal opportunity employer and seek diversity in our workforce. EOE M/F/D/V
12401 Washington Blvd.