PHLEBOTOMIST (OUT-PATIENT) (WHITTIER) PART TIME, DAYSApply Now Job ID 7729-977 Date posted 06/11/2019
PIH Health is a nonprofit regional healthcare delivery network founded over 50 years ago. Our two campuses including a 548-bed facility in Whittier and a 199-bed facility in Downey, help to provide services to approximately 1.5 million residents in Los Angeles, Orange County and the greater San Gabriel Valley.
Perform specimen collection (phlebotomy), ordering and processing duties as assigned.
Able to perform all phases of blood collections required by the department within the normal time limits.
Able to assess and utilize appropriate phlebotomy techniques, including venipunture and skin puncture, on patients of all age groups ranging from children through adult.
Written and verbal communication skills and basic computer skills
- California State certification required
- Experience in obtaining blood samples by venipuncture and skin puncture from adults, children. Experience with infants is preferred.
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- BLS/CPR certification required (For Healthcare Providers, AHA)
- Basic EKG knowledge preferred
Beyond the benefits that come with working for the area's leading community healthcare provider – one that also recognizes the need to ensure patient safety and comfort – you'll enjoy an extremely competitive compensation and benefits package. We are an equal opportunity employer and seek diversity in our workforce. EOE M/F/D/V