Physician, Adult HospitalistApply Now Hospital Name PIH Health Physicians Medical Group Location Whittier, California Job Type Full-Time/Regular Job ID 16765-977 Date posted 04/13/2023
At PIH Health, we provide cutting edge compassionate care. We have a talented team who is proud to be making a positive impact on the lives of our patients each and every day. We are growing fast and looking to have an enthusiastic Adult Hospitalist join our team.
The Adult Hospitalist provides inpatient care in coordination with hospital departments to ensure high quality patient care. This individual must have excellent communication skills and be able to work with PCPs, specialists, patients, families, other hospital departments and administration. The hospitalist admits and rounds on hospital patients and works with the hospital multidisciplinary team to allow patients to receive the level and type of care they need.
SPECIFIC SKILLS NEEDED:
- Demonstrates expertise in communication: able to work with team members, PCPs, specialists, nursing directors, and hospital departments to effectively facilitate the care of patients by admitting and rounding on hospital patients.
- Provides patient care in a manner consistent with Group standards, medical staff by-laws, pathways/best practices
- Knowledgeable regarding an Adult Hospitalist scope of practice.
- Able to work 7on/7off schedule.
- Demonstrated leadership abilities.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, written and verbal and conflict resolution abilities.
- Independent performer.
- Current California Medical license
- Graduate from an accredited Medical School
- Graduate form an accredited Internal Medicine Residency program.
- Three (3) years direct patient care hospitalist experience.
- Evidence of continuing education and self-development to support license requirements
- Board Certification: Board certified or board eligible
- May be required to use personal auto to drive to meetings, special events or to carry out assignments as requested. This will require proof of California driver’s license and proof of insurance.
WHY PIH HEALTH?
We’re a nonprofit, regional healthcare network with three hospitals, 93 outpatient medical offices, six Urgent Care Centers, with over 400 employed physician and mid-level providers in our medical foundation and more than 7,500 compassionate & valued employees. Ranked one of America’s 100 Best Hospitals.
12401 Washington Blvd.