Physician, Adult PsychiatristApply Now Job ID 13814-977 Date posted 11/09/2021
At PIH Health, we provide cutting edge compassionate care. We have a talented team who is proud to be making a positive impact on the lives of our patients each and every day. We are growing fast and looking to have enthusiastic Psychiatrist to join our team.
This Psychiatrist will be responsible for providing psychiatric medical evaluations, diagnoses and medication management services to patients, ensuring compliance with program standards, policies and guidelines. The Psychiatrist will work alongside other professionals in a fast-paced, multidisciplinary team environment to help manage patient mental health disorders.
SPECIFIC SKILLS NEEDED
- Know and comply with agency policies and procedures, HIPAA, and documentation guidelines, and other state, federal regulations relating to quality assurance and improvement.
- Demonstrate medical/clinical leadership skills and a complete working knowledge of psychopharmacology and experience in mental health service delivery to a broad-based individual and multi-cultural patient population.
- Analyze and evaluate patient data or test findings to diagnose nature or extent of mental disorder.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Possess good computer skills; familiarity with MS Word and Outlook; demonstrated ability to utilize electronic progress note system.
- Utilize analysis, experience, and judgment to make decisions.
- Adapt to changing needs by acquiring new skills and knowledge.
- Bilingual skills in Spanish preferred.
- Possess current M.D. licensure in the State of California.
- Prior experience in community mental health preferred.
- Graduate from an accredited Medical School.
- Evidence of continuing education and self-development to support license requirements.
- Current California driver’s license.
WHY PIH HEALTH?
We’re a nonprofit, regional healthcare network with three hospitals, numerous outpatient medical offices, a multispecialty medical group, home healthcare services and hospice care, as well as heart, cancer, digestive health, orthopedics, women’s health, urgent care and emergency services. Our leadership is dedicated to putting patients first—a cornerstone of our mission, vision and values—as we deliver top-quality healthcare.
- PIH Health is committed to remaining a leader in healthcare advances for our communities—technology, equipment, facilities and amenities. We offer a wide range of services, including:
- Primary care teams that deliver general medicine and preventative care.
- Access to emergency and urgent care, home health services and hospice.
- A network of PIH Health physicians and advanced practice professionals including physician assistants and nurse practitioners in accessible and welcoming neighborhood locations.
- More than 7,500 compassionate, valued employees.
- Ranked one of America’s 100 Best Hospitals in beautiful Southern California.
Beyond the benefits that come with working for the area's leading community healthcare provider – one that also recognizes the need to ensure patient safety and comfort – you'll enjoy an extremely competitive compensation and benefits package. We are an equal opportunity employer and seek diversity in our workforce. EOE M/F/D/V