PHYSICIAN RECRUITER (PIH HEALTH PHYSICIANS), WHITTIER, FULL TIMEApply Now Job ID 7329-977 Date posted 03/25/2019
We’re a nonprofit, regional healthcare network with two hospitals, numerous outpatient medical offices, a multi-specialty medical (physician) group, home healthcare services and hospice care, as well as heart, cancer and emergency services. Our leadership is dedicated to putting patients first—a cornerstone of our mission, vision and values—as we deliver top-quality healthcare.
From our extensive facilities in Whittier, California and Downey, California, PIH Health serves more than two million residents in Los Angeles and Orange Counties and throughout the San Gabriel Valley.
The Physician Recruiter will report to the Admin Director Business Development and is responsible for the coordination of daily recruitment operations and workflow monitoring such as recruitment strategies, systems, and processes that result in the attraction and selection of the best talent. Recruiter is responsible for the development of strategic and comprehensive medical provider recruitment plans in accordance with the needs and goals of PIH Health, utilizing the necessary resources that best meets recruitment standards. Performs initial interviews to determine candidate suitability for placement and guides those candidates through the organizations recruitment process if selected. The Recruiter is responsible for ongoing guidance, education, and training to ensure standardization, consistency, and improve recruitment, selection, candidate management and hiring efficiencies. Oversees new hire pre-boarding processes to ensure adequate background checks, licensure verification and eligibility for employment is completed for all new hires.
- Ability to work with sensitive personal information of physicians and advanced practice professionals being interviewed recruiter and/or hired and is able to communicate effectively with physicians, other leaders within PIH Health.
- Excellent organizational/customer service skills and the ability to handle multiple tasks with constant changing priorities.
- Provides guidance and understanding of PIH Health recruitment and selection policies, procedures and employment laws to candidates and hiring managers.
- Actively participates in recruiting events, candidate database searches, promotional campaigns, and job postings for PIH Health.
- Able to interface with all levels of staff and management.
- Good organization and tracking skills and ability to demonstrate accomplishments in a concrete manner.
- Must have excellent interpersonal and written skills, positive attitude; be flexible, creative, and innovative.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret recruitment data, business periodicals, PIH Health procedures, and governmental regulations.
- Must have ability to effectively negotiate, communicate and present information and respond to questions from group administrators. physicians, managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Performs other job-related duties and special projects as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred or equivalent work experience
- Two years of professional clinical recruitment experience required. Physician recruitment experience preferred
- Experience with behavioral based interviewing
- Professional presentation skills and ability to speak knowledgeably about positions and openings.
- Excellent writing communication skills.
- Demonstrated skills with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Knowledge of federal and state employment laws.
- ATS experience and ATS implementation experience strongly preferred
- AIRS Certified
Beyond the benefits that come with working for the area's leading community healthcare provider – one that also recognizes the need to ensure patient safety and comfort – you'll enjoy an extremely competitive compensation and benefits package. We are an equal opportunity employer and seek diversity in our workforce. EOE M/F/D/V