Optimize your job search based on your profileStart Matching
Psychiatrist NPApply Now Hospital Name PIH Health Physicians Medical Group Location Whittier, California Job Type Full-Time/Regular Job ID 18495-977 Date posted 04/13/2023
At PIH Health, we provide cutting edge compassionate care. We have a talented team who is proud to be making a positive impact on the lives of our patients each and every day. We are growing fast and looking to have an enthusiastic Psychiatrist Mental Health Nurse Practitioner join our team.
This position is responsible for providing psychiatric/medical evaluation, diagnosis and medication management services, ensuring compliance with program standards, contracts, policies, procedures and guidelines. The IDS Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner will lead the support of behavioral health care provided by physicians and staff throughout the IDS.
SPECIFIC SKILLS NEEDED
- Know and comply with Agency policies and procedures, HIPAA, DMH policies and documentation guidelines, and other state, federal regulations relating to quality assurance and improvement
- Demonstrate medical/clinical leadership skills, a complete working knowledge of psychopharmacology and experience in mental health service delivery to a broad-based individual and multi-cultural patient population
- Analyze and evaluate patient data or test findings to diagnose nature or extent of mental disorder
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Possess good computer skills; familiarity with MS Word and Outlook; demonstrated ability to utilize electronic progress note system
- Utilize analysis, experience, and judgment to make decisions
- Adapt to changing needs by acquiring new skills and knowledge
- Current California driver’s license and a driving record
- Possess current NP licensure in the State of California
- Prior experience in community mental health preferred
- Graduate from an accredited Psychiatric Mental Health NP Master’s Program
- Evidence of continuing education and self-development to support license requirements
WHY PIH HEALTH?
We’re a nonprofit, regional healthcare network with three hospitals, numerous outpatient medical offices, a multispecialty medical group, home healthcare services and hospice care, as well as heart, cancer, digestive health, orthopedics, women’s health, urgent care and emergency services. Our leadership is dedicated to putting patients first—a cornerstone of our mission, vision and values—as we deliver top-quality healthcare.
PIH Health is committed to remaining a leader in healthcare advances for our communities—technology, equipment, facilities and amenities. We offer a wide range of services, including:
- Primary care teams that deliver general medicine and preventative care
- Access to emergency and urgent care, home health services and hospice
- A network of PIH Health physicians and advanced practice professionals including physician assistants and nurse practitioners in accessible and welcoming neighborhood locations
- More than 7,500 compassionate, valued employees
- Ranked one of America’s 100 Best Hospitals in beautiful Southern California
Beyond the benefits that come with working for the area's leading community healthcare provider – one that also recognizes the need to ensure patient safety and comfort – you'll enjoy an extremely competitive compensation and benefits package. We are an equal opportunity employer and seek diversity in our workforce. EOE M/F/D/V
12291 E. Washington Blvd