Optimize your job search based on your profileStart Matching
Radiation Oncology Technologist,Apply Now Hospital Name PIH Health Whittier Hospital Location Whittier, California Job Type Full-Time/Regular Job ID 19299-977 Date posted 04/22/2023
PIH Health is a nonprofit, regional healthcare network that serves approximately 3 million residents in the Los Angeles County, Orange County and San Gabriel Valley region. The fully integrated network is comprised of PIH Health Hospital - Whittier, PIH Health Hospital - Downey and PIH Health Good Samaritan Hospital, 27 outpatient medical locations, a multispecialty medical (physician) group, home healthcare services and hospice care, as well as heart, cancer, women’s health, urgent care and emergency services. The organization is recognized by Watson Health as one of the nation’s Top Hospitals, and College of Healthcare Information Management Executives (CHIME) as one of the nation’s top hospital systems for best practices, cutting-edge advancements, quality of care and healthcare technology. PIH Health is certified as a Great Place to Work TM. For more information, visit PIHHealth.org or follow us on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram.
The Radiation Oncology Technologist will administer radiation treatments and document appropriately. Performs quality assurance procedures per policy and monitors patients for potential reactions.
- Knowledge of different treatment techniques and positioning.
- Communication skills.
- Technical skill in operation of therapeutic equipment.
- Basic understanding of physics and radiation safety.
- Ability and knowledge to work with patients ages adolescence through elderly
- Graduate from accredited Radiotherapy program.
- Must have valid R.T. and CRT certificates
- Valid BLS CPR certification from the American Heart Association
- One (1) year experience in radiation therapy preferred.
- Previous experience in the operation of different types of treatment machines including megavoltage accelerator.
Beyond the benefits that come with working for the area's leading community healthcare provider – one that also recognizes the need to ensure patient safety and comfort – you'll enjoy an extremely competitive compensation and benefits package. We are an equal opportunity employer and seek diversity in our workforce. EOE M/F/D/V
12401 Washington Blvd.