REGISTERED NURSE, RADIATION ONCOLOGY, WHITTIER, PER DIEM, DAYSApply Now Job ID 8847-977 Date posted 01/11/2020
PIH Health is a nonprofit regional healthcare delivery network founded over 50 years ago. Our two campuses including a 548-bed facility in Whittier and a 199-bed facility in Downey, help to provide services to approximately 1.5 million residents in Los Angeles, Orange County and the greater San Gabriel Valley.
This position will provide a full range of nursing practice guided by the American Nursing Association’s (ANA) Nursing Scope and Standards of Practice (2004) and dependent upon experience, role, and population served. Primary nursing responsibilities include assessment, diagnosis, outcome identification, planning, implementation and evaluation. Standards of professional performance required include quality practice, education/competency, professional practice evaluation, collegiality, collaboration, and ethics, research/best practice integration, resource utilization and leadershiP..
Oncology Nursing Society (ONS) standards of care are also the guides used to serve the patients referred to the Ruby L. Golleher Oncology Center Radiation Therapy. The ONS standards are used to provide comprehensive care to the patients and family in the management of the disease and treatment related symptoms.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of adult education techniques.
- Knowledge of cancer and cancer care including radiation therapy and pain management.
- Ability and knowledge to work with patients ages adolescence through elderly.
- Must have a current CA RN license
- Must provide proof of CEU's every two (2) years to maintain RN License
- CPR/BLS (Basic Life Support)
- Minimum of one (1) year experience in the care of oncology patient in an acute facility.
- Oncology Certified Nurse (OCN) preferred
Beyond the benefits that come with working for the area's leading community healthcare provider – one that also recognizes the need to ensure patient safety and comfort – you'll enjoy an extremely competitive compensation and benefits package. We are an equal opportunity employer and seek diversity in our workforce. EOE M/F/D/V