Registered Nurse (RN) Advice/Triage Nurse Women's Health, Full-Time, DaysApply Now Hospital Name PIH Health Physicians Location Whittier, California Job Type Full-Time/Regular Job ID 17339-977 Date posted 09/21/2022
PIH Health is a nonprofit, regional healthcare network that serves approximately 3 million residents in the Los Angeles County, Orange County and San Gabriel Valley region. The fully integrated network is comprised of PIH Health Whittier Hospital, PIH Health Downey Hospital and PIH Health Good Samaritan Hospital, 27 outpatient medical locations, a multispecialty medical (physician) group, home healthcare services and hospice care, as well as heart, cancer, women’s health, urgent care and emergency services. The organization is recognized by Watson Health as one of the nation’s Top Hospitals, and College of Healthcare Information Management Executives (CHIME) as one of the nation’s top hospital systems for best practices, cutting-edge advancements, quality of care and healthcare technology. PIH Health is certified as a Great Place to Work TM. For more information, visit PIHHealth.org or follow us on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram.
The Registered Nurse, Advice /Triage provides expert professional nursing care, advice and triage for in office and for incoming calls. Assesses, plans, implements and evaluates the care rendered to patients with urgent, emergent or potential health problems. Makes safe and effective, appropriate dispositions, including facilitating referrals to primary providers, healthcare facilities and community resources. This position will be responsible for educating the caller regarding immediate health care needs utilizing knowledge of basic nursing principles, practices, ethics and concepts. Maintains positive relationships with others.
- Strong verbal and written skills.
- Knowledge of medical terminology, infection control and safety.
- Principles of patient/family teaching.
- With consideration of age, utilize the approved process to resolve biophysical, psychological, educational, and environmental needs of the patient/family when administering care.
- Accuracy in maintaining medical records.
- Strong computer skills.
- Honest, dependable, conscientious.
- Is alert to cues on the phone when assessment is limited to auditory, verbal and emotional cues.
- Possess the ability to communicate effectively on a level that is easily understandable by the patient.
- Current California RN license (BSN/MSN preferred)
- Evidence of continuing education
- Prior experience in, ambulatory care nursing
- Current Basic Life Support Card
Preferred Position Qualifications:
- Bilingual English/Spanish communication skills