Provide a full range of nursing practice guided by the American Nursing Association’s (ANA) Nursing Scope and Standards of Practice (2004) and dependent upon experience, role, and population served. Primary nursing responsibilities include assessment, diagnosis, outcome identification, planning, implementation and evaluation. Standards of professional performance required include quality practice, education/competency, professional practice evaluation, collegiality, collaboration, and ethics, research/best practice integration, resource utilization and leadership (ANA, 2004). Assists patients to attain or maintain optimal health, implementing a strategy of care to accomplish defined goals within the context of a patient-centered health care plan, and evaluating responses to nursing care and treatment (National Council of State Board of Nursing, 2004).
PIH Health is a nonprofit, regional healthcare network that serves approximately 3 million residents in the Los Angeles County, Orange County and San Gabriel Valley region. The fully integrated network is comprised of PIH Health Downey Hospital, PIH Health Good Samaritan Hospital, PIH Health Whittier Hospital, 37 outpatient medical office buildings, a multispecialty medical (physician) group, home healthcare services and hospice care, as well as heart, cancer, digestive health, orthopedics, women’s health, urgent care and emergency services. The organization is nationally recognized for excellence in patient care and patient experience, and the College of Healthcare Information Management Executives (CHIME) has identified PIH Health as one of the nation’s top hospital systems for best practices, cutting-edge advancements, quality of care and healthcare technology. For more information, visit PIHHealth.org or follow us on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram.
- Demonstrates fluency in English communication, to include reading, writing, and verbal communication.
- Basic organizational skills to include ability to follow directions as outlined in policies or given by supervisor.
- Basic EKG interpretation
- Demonstrates good interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of legal implications of nursing
- Demonstrates appropriate critical intervention skills.
- Valid California RN License with evidence of continuing education 30 units per two years
- BLS, ACLS, PALS, and National Institute of Health Stroke Scale (NIHSS)
- Experience in use of critical intervention skills (preferably Emergency Department)
- Formal hospital orientation
- Non-violent crisis intervention training annually
- Basic windows and mouse skills preferred
- Emergency Nursing and/or Critical Care Course
12401 Washington Blvd.Salary