REGISTRATION CLERK (BREAST HEALTH CENTER): RESOURCE POOL, VARIED SHIFTApply Now Job ID 9089-977 Date posted 02/28/2020
We’re a nonprofit, regional healthcare network with two hospitals, numerous outpatient medical offices, a multispecialty medical (physician) group, home healthcare services and hospice care, as well as heart, cancer and emergency services. Our leadership is dedicated to putting patients first—a cornerstone of our mission, vision and values—as we deliver top-quality healthcare.
From our extensive facilities in Whittier, California and Downey, California, PIH Health serves more than two million residents in Los Angeles and Orange Counties and throughout the San Gabriel Valley.
The Registration Clerk performs clerical duties as required by PIH Health Breast Center Whittier to meet the needs of the patient and facilitating the delivery of care. Strong customer service skills are essential. Duties may include filing, image management, copying, scheduling, phone messaging, data entry, collection of patient liability and transcription per position code as well as other tasks as assigned. This position may require travel to off-site locations.
- Excellent organizational, written and verbal communications and strong interpersonal skills
- Communicate effectively with staff, patients, guarantors, insurance companies, and physicians
- Demonstrates attention to detail
- Good English speaking, spelling, reading and mathematical skills required.
- Must possess excellent telephone etiquette, and customer service skills
- Proficient computer skills and knowledge in Word, Excel, Outlook and ability to maneuver through multiple screens in a timely manner
- Ability to sort & file material correctly by alphabetic or numeric systems; computer data entry skills; ability to work effectively in fast-paced situations & tight deadlines
- Ability to stay on task in a fast and high pressured environment
- Strict adherence to all HIPAA laws
- Strong commitment to customer service with demonstrated ability to create a positive patient experience
- Demonstrates the ability to work well independently, as well as part of a team
- High school graduate or G.E.D.
- Must have one to two (1-2) years of hospital/healthcare work experience in registration, financial counseling, insurance verification, clerical/office or unit clerking.
- Prior medical or hospital experience with electronic medical record system
- Bilingual skills (English/Spanish)
- Medical terminology knowledge
- Medical insurance knowledge
Beyond the benefits that come with working for the area's leading community healthcare provider – one that also recognizes the need to ensure patient safety and comfort – you'll enjoy an extremely competitive compensation and benefits package. We are an equal opportunity employer and seek diversity in our workforce. EOE M/F/D/V